LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 117 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Crown:
I am telling you right now.

If this team is as good as it thinks it is no game should come down to a game winning kick.

period.

Got a 2 week break and damnit,...we just need something to complain about until kickoff.

I never knew growing up what that obnoxious "40 Whiners" nickname was all about. Then the millennials came.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 8, 2024 at 5:15 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
This thread is comedy.

At least it does not disappoint
Originally posted by random49er:
Got a 2 week break and damnit,...we just need something to complain about until kickoff.

I never knew growing up what that obnoxious "40 Whiners" nickname was all about. Then the millennials came.

What year were you born? Lol.
Can we kick to Jake Moody out next season?! I wish! He is very trash and huge a bust. Shouldn't he attend a USFL football game in March? Why not?! If he is suck to kicker at USFL football games?!
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by random49er:
I am telling you right now.

If this team is as good as it thinks it is no game should come down to a game winning kick.

period.

haha fair
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I see that as no different than Wilson, lance, fields, Lawrence, jones bs Purdy. It's more likely a Jada kicker will work because most teams go that route. It doesn't mean drafting one is bad.

If moody was an udfa, you'd still be pissed he missed today. It's as simple as any position, we just want a good one we don't have to worry about.

Honestly not mad he missed today. Didn't even look at it as a pressure situation. My concern is roughly the same. Would be concerned going forward even with Dallas' rookie strictly due to inexperience.

Same, everyone misses, So glad he did it in a meaningless game.

Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
We already found out in Cleveland and Minny. I can't imagine anyone who has confidence in this guy making a key kick; Moody himself and staff, included

Yes, but remember he is a rookie, so I get the growing pains. He's not Jimmy G after 7 years in the league overthrowing Sanders in the 4th quarter of a SB.

I circle back to what I said earlier. We will only know how he does in a playoff/championship pressure situation, by seeing him in that situation. Of course its nail biting, but eventually its going to happen.

I agree if he makes his first kick he is the type to sail. If he makes a game winner it would really help him, but at the same time for longevity maybe it's best he experienced missing a game winner early in the year. He knows what it feels like and if he has the right mentality he wants to taste that victory and isn't afraid etc. A ton of psychology in sports, I love it.

Also its not fair to compare him or anyone to Robbie. He was a proven beast and an outlier tbh, but that's history and Moody is the current reality. Of course we hope we found another one.... we shall see!

Gould was 84.4% last season same as Moody. He was 82.2% over the last 4 seasons. He also couldn't reach the end zone with his kickoffs.

The kick in green bay in the snow made us all Robbie homers.

but it was clear that he was degrading.
  • All22
  • Veteran
I see that as no different than Wilson, lance, fields, Lawrence, jones bs Purdy. It's more likely a Jada kicker will work because most teams go that route. It doesn't mean drafting one is bad.

If moody was an udfa, you'd still be pissed he missed today. It's as simple as any position, we just want a good one we don't have to worry about.

Honestly not mad he missed today. Didn't even look at it as a pressure situation. My concern is roughly the same. Would be concerned going forward even with Dallas' rookie strictly due to inexperience.

We already found out in Cleveland and Minny. I can't imagine anyone who has confidence in this guy making a key kick; Moody himself and staff, included

Yes, but remember he is a rookie, so I get the growing pains. He's not Jimmy G after 7 years in the league overthrowing Sanders in the 4th quarter of a SB.

I circle back to what I said earlier. We will only know how he does in a playoff/championship pressure situation, by seeing him in that situation. Of course its nail biting, but eventually its going to happen.

I agree if he makes his first kick he is the type to sail. If he makes a game winner it would really help him, but at the same time for longevity maybe it's best he experienced missing a game winner early in the year. He knows what it feels like and if he has the right mentality he wants to taste that victory and isn't afraid etc. A ton of psychology in sports, I love it.

Also its not fair to compare him or anyone to Robbie. He was a proven beast and an outlier tbh, but that's history and Moody is the current reality. Of course we hope we found another one.... we shall see!

Gould was 84.4% last season same as Moody. He was 82.2% over the last 4 seasons. He also couldn't reach the end zone with his kickoffs.

And against the Saints.

I don't want to put it on the kicker to win games but when we do that that kicker should Robbie Gould.
Originally posted by Silky:
The positive thing about Moody is his monster leg. He looks like he can hit from 70. The negative is his accuracy. He's got to figure that part out

I don't think his accuracy is negative. But I would question whether he has the mental strength to get through slp with ease, and whether he is clutch or not.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Jan 8, 2024 at 7:18 PM ]
Originally posted by All22:

And against the Saints.

I don't want to put it on the kicker to win games but when we do that that kicker should Robbie Gould.

Yeah. In his playoff career he was 29-29 in FG, and 39-39 in XP. Cannot do any better than that.
This dude kicking some whiner fans in the sack would be fun to watch

Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

He'd be kicking people in the hip, then...wide right...
Originally posted by RDB4216:

Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Silky:
The positive thing about Moody is his monster leg. He looks like he can hit from 70. The negative is his accuracy. He's got to figure that part out

Yeah, he is more on the boom and less technical about it, it seems. It's like he kicks without thinking much about it lol. Just kick it to the parking lot who cares, just boom it lol

Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
We should bring in a vet kicker to at least light a fire under his ass during the bye.

That might cause him to yip more, if we get a vet, we keep the vet and drop Moody:)

how do you know it's not more mental?
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

hes made 90% of his overall kicks he literally broke an NFL record for most PAT attempts without a miss in NFL history

we will be fine
Our fans forget that Gould was going downhill and had a lower FG% than Moody his las 4 years. Moody is young and has a strong leg. He deserves another year or two. He's on a cheap contract compared to any free agent.
Share 49ersWebzone