LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 205 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
how do you know it's not more mental?

I am sure it's a pretty big part of it. Just have one of the cheerleaders whisper sweet somethings in his ear before he kicks it, Rx ✔️ lol
Originally posted by Montana:

I am sure it's a pretty big part of it. Just have one of the cheerleaders whisper sweet somethings in his ear before he kicks it, Rx ✔️ lol

He may have a slight mechanical issue that can be fixed. I don't know that much about kicking technique but he seems to have a larger hook than many kickers.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

He may have a slight mechanical issue that can be fixed. I don't know that much about kicking technique but he seems to have a larger hook than many kickers.

I forget who I was listening to but I've heard someone mention this before on a podcast. His mechanics need some refining - apparently this is a large reason why his kicks are often close to the bars on the field goal, barely squeaking it in. I think he will fix this during the off season, just hopefully it doesn't cost us anything durin the postseason.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I forget who I was listening to but I've heard someone mention this before on a podcast. His mechanics need some refining - apparently this is a large reason why his kicks are often close to the bars on the field goal, barely squeaking it in. I think he will fix this during the off season, just hopefully it doesn't cost us anything durin the postseason.

Thanks. I thought I heard that too. The soccer style kickers have more range but they are also more likely to have kicks pushed or hooked than the old style kickers. Mechanics are way more important when you use the soccer style..
Those kicks where they are high and barely getting into the bars seem so long time wise and the whole time you just are like omg, so thin of a space, it's like he is trying to slice cheese with the ball..they almost kill me lol
İ have this horrific vision of Jake Moody pulling a Scott Norwood in the SB for us. I would be crushed as i plan to go if they're in…
Originally posted by tankle104:

It's 100% mechanical. He's pushing everything. Be different if he was messing up different ways in the big moments. Been the same issue.
Originally posted by 49Fever:
İ have this horrific vision of Jake Moody pulling a Scott Norwood in the SB for us. I would be crushed as i plan to go if they're in…

You guys have to relax.. the problem is the more it's made an issue, and the more he's asked about it by media, then the more it becomes a true issue. This is known as negative energy, and self fulfilling prophecy. We can't drag this negative energy into the tournament. He was like 84% this year. That's solid.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49Fever:

You guys have to relax.. the problem is the more it's made an issue, and the more he's asked about it by media, then the more it becomes a true issue. This is known as negative energy, and self fulfilling prophecy. We can't drag this negative energy into the tournament. He was like 84% this year. That's solid.

İ have PTSD with this guy
he missed the only game winner of the year
so 84% is meaningless for me
i cant relax and nothing will help…
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
This dude kicking some whiner fans in the sack would be fun to watch

He'd be kicking people in the hip, then...wide right...

hes made 90% of his overall kicks he literally broke an NFL record for most PAT attempts without a miss in NFL history

we will be fine

Have you actually watched his kicks? So many of his makes were "barely" and a lot of them just look ugly. I don't think he shows much confidence at all, and I don't have much in him. In a game with zero pressure, he misses a 38 yarder and a pat. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, it is wrong to risk putting this team and this roster in a position where they have to rely on Moody.

Have you actually watched his kicks? So many of his makes were "barely" and a lot of them just look ugly. I don't think he shows much confidence at all, and I don't have much in him. In a game with zero pressure, he misses a 38 yarder and a pat. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, it is wrong to risk putting this team and this roster in a position where they have to rely on Moody.

almost misses

is this like purdy last year when everyone brought up almost picks

almost misses

That wind sunday was odd and swirly..he needs to get used to it fast
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

almost misses

That wind sunday was odd and swirly..he needs to get used to it fast

Do you think that's what affected his kicks?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Ok shut up everyone and Moody will get better lol

Sending good vibes ======================Money Moody Money Moody Money Moody===================== 💰
I have 0 faith in this guy... I hope he's not the reason we lose a game..
damn it
Share 49ersWebzone