LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 137 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by A49ER08:
I have 0 faith in this guy... I hope he's not the reason we lose a game..
damn it

Shoot! more negativity. Better take another 10th of a percentage point off the chances Moody makes a playoff kick.
  • Cosmo
He's a Niner and based on where he was drafted, think he will be for some time. I support him and hope he gets an opportunity to redeem himself in the eyes of those who don't.
[ Edited by Cosmo on Jan 9, 2024 at 4:54 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
damn it

Shoot! more negativity. Better take another 10th of a percentage point off the chances Moody makes a playoff kick.

The good news is that the percentage was already at 0.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
The good news is that the percentage was already at 0.

Lol
damn it

We dont need you to have any faith in him for us to do well. Everything is fine!
Hopefully Michigan winning the natty will give this guy some confidence heading to the playoffs since he should be happy and not depressed
[ Edited by ImAlwaysRight on Jan 9, 2024 at 6:25 PM ]
If his nickname was Big Snake Jake, might give him a boost lol
I gotta think he's a good kicker who had a bad day. the playoffs will be an adventure for sure.
I don't think I'm down on him as much as everyone else, I think he had a really solid rookie campaign albeit with 2 bad games.

Compared to Good as Gould's last season in San Francisco, Moody's rookie season looks like this:
Gould: 27 of 32 (84.4%) on FGs and 50 of 51 on XPs.
Moody: 21 of 25 (84%) on FGs and 60 of 61 on XPs.

Basically identical to Gould's last season. Having a rookie kicker with no dropoff from a great vet is nice to have.

That being said, I remember Gould's last season was a down year for him. He was still solid, but didn't seem like Gould from the first few seasons in San Francisco. That's what gives me alarm for Moody; I know he can make the tough kicks, but in a must-have-it situation, just like in the Cleveland game, I have little confidence he can do it. I hope he proves me wrong in the playoffs, we're really gonna need him to make a big kick or two.
I just hope if he starts missing we make a quick adjustment and don't wait for 3-4 misses in a row before purdy gets to go for it on 4th down and for 2.

Would hate to see 7-12 points left on the board due to misguided belief he has to kick through it and work it out in the playoffs.

I have high confidence on 4th and short with mason and purdy... No confidence in moody until proven otherwise.

Originally posted by Montana:

He's playing like Jake Doody.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Montana:

He's playing like Jake Doody.

Jake Booty cause he was ass this past game.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cosmo:
He's a Niner and based on where he was drafted, think he will be for some time. I support him and hope he gets an opportunity to redeem himself in the eyes of those who don't.

I'm optimistic he'll help us get six
Just gotta hope the offense won't need him
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Just gotta hope the offense won't need him

He will be asked to kick a gang of XP and a few very short FGs from time to time. If Mike Cofer could do that so can a rookie Moody. We will be fine

We with this team have no business this time of year in elimination games asking Moody to be kicking game winners. We should be winning by ten or more
Share 49ersWebzone