Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I'm a big Moody hater but boy that FG was clutch

Lol this haha
He sucks.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I'm a big Moody hater but boy that FG was clutch

Lol this haha

The kicks he made today weren't wobbly and giving me anxiety too. They were pretty much down the middle. Plus the boot out of the end zone for no chance of return late was good.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Lots of crow to be eaten by posters in here the last 2 weeks.

The end-of-half kick was still bad. But good to see him get the longer one in the 4th quarter.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

The end-of-half kick was still bad. But good to see him get the longer one in the 4th quarter.

Im not entirely convinced that Shanahan/coaches aren't telling him to try to kick it inside the 5. He has the leg to bomb it into the endzone.

Im not entirely convinced that Shanahan/coaches aren't telling him to try to kick it inside the 5. He has the leg to bomb it into the endzone.

No way is he being coached to kick to an all pro KR. This idea needs to stop.
His FG was the difference in this game. The blocked kick was unfortunate but I'll take it.
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:

This isn't just a tonight thing. Moody does that all the time, and it works a lot.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
His FG was the difference in this game. The blocked kick was unfortunate but I'll take it.

did he kick it too low on the block?

He's an adventure. buy the ticket, take the ride. IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE

This isn't just a tonight thing. Moody does that all the time, and it works a lot.

I know it's not just a night thing which is another reason why I don't think he's capable of kicking to the endzone all the time for some reason. It burns us a lot and the times it does work, how many yards are you really saving? 5-8 yards?

I refuse to believe our coaches are dumb enough that they think kicking to an all pro is a good strategy to gain a couple of yards instead of in the endzone.
  • Disp
  • Veteran

I know it's not just a night thing which is another reason why I don't think he's capable of kicking to the endzone all the time for some reason. It burns us a lot and the times it does work, how many yards are you really saving? 5-8 yards?

I refuse to believe our coaches are dumb enough that they think kicking to an all pro is a good strategy to gain a couple of yards instead of in the endzone.

It's just bizarre though because he supposedly has a huge leg, but half+ of his kickoffs don't get to the end zone. It's so frustrating because our special teams is absolute trash. We just get roasted over and over on kick returns. How can this guy not kick it into the endzone? They moved the kicks up 10 yards like a decade ago and he still can't do it consistently?
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

did he kick it too low on the block?

That's what Olson/Burkhardt suggested. I mean unless that Dlineman had the greatest vertical leap of his life? I'll give Moody a pass on that one though -- kicking in the rain/with a wet ball is a different game.
Good mental building game for him.

fellow posters telling me he doesn't kick it through the end zone because we coach him not to was shocking to me. Kick it through the end zone every damn time please. These return opportunities only help the opponent, not us. We have some dumb ass scheming at times.
Share 49ersWebzone