LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 192 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Huge FG.
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Huge FG.

And it didn't look shakey going in, either. Big!
Had to be big for his confidence. Playoffs, in the rain, to pull closer against a young, hot team on our a$$. Biggest and best kick of his short career.
Kick the ball into the endzone on kickoffs!!!!!!
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Huge FG.

And it didn't look shakey going in, either. Big!

He gave all of us confidence with that make. Was beautiful to watch.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

After that big return yesterday, I think this should be our strategy every time now
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

After that big return yesterday, I think this should be our strategy every time now

It's remarkable we stick with this strategy annually. I remember hearing a 9er podcast that covered this strategy years ago. And it hasn't changed.

I used to think it was because Gould and Wishnowsky had weaker legs. Nope.

The goal is to kick it to the 1 yard line and force a return and tackle inside the 20. Sometimes it works but the tradeoff for a few yards doesn't seem worth it esp. against teams who emphasize having really good return weapons.

We're 26th in ST. It's like groundhog day again.

Changing the ST coordinator hasn't changed a thing. This is as high as you'll get with this kind of strategy and safe fair-catching McCloud directions.

Others teams emphasize it as a potential difference maker. It's Kyle's philosophy (my assumption) since we're seeing the exact same thing under two different ST coordinators esp. when Schneider used to manage a top, aggressive unit.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 21, 2024 at 7:53 AM ]
He'll get better, but I just hate how he shows zero emotion whatsoever lol.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Good mental building game for him.

fellow posters telling me he doesn't kick it through the end zone because we coach him not to was shocking to me. Kick it through the end zone every damn time please. These return opportunities only help the opponent, not us. We have some dumb ass scheming at times.

Then on the flip side you have f**king Deebo returning kicks to start the game????
My boy mad leg moody finally came through for us. HUGE 52 yard kick in rough weather with the season on the line. If he missed that - man… I don't want to think about it.

just glad he gave us some positive light from him when it was sorely needed.

I imagine Packer fans are roasting their kicker today.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Good mental building game for him.

fellow posters telling me he doesn't kick it through the end zone because we coach him not to was shocking to me. Kick it through the end zone every damn time please. These return opportunities only help the opponent, not us. We have some dumb ass scheming at times.

Then on the flip side you have f**king Deebo returning kicks to start the game????

that i get

i dont mind that one bit. Deebo in open field can be electric in playoff its worth the risk
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I know we think our kicker sucks but I think their kicker lead the league in missed kicks and missed PATS. Lol
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I know we think our kicker sucks but I think their kicker lead the league in missed kicks and missed PATS. Lol

100% lol he's a rookie and doesn't evoke that feeling of superiority like Gould in the playoffs.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Had to be big for his confidence. Playoffs, in the rain, to pull closer against a young, hot team on our a$$. Biggest and best kick of his short career.

He's got a monster leg. I'm convinced he could hit between 65-70. He's had accuracy issues. But man some of those 50+ Fgs he hit this season looked like they'd be good from 65
Share 49ersWebzone