LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 133 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Silky:
He's got a monster leg. I'm convinced he could hit between 65-70. He's had accuracy issues. But man some of those 50+ Fgs he hit this season looked like they'd be good from 65

i dont even think its really raw accuracy just has to get used to bay area winds/gusts
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Kick the ball into the endzone on kickoffs!!!!!!

After that big return yesterday, I think this should be our strategy every time now

It's remarkable we stick with this strategy annually. I remember hearing a 9er podcast that covered this strategy years ago. And it hasn't changed.

I used to think it was because Gould and Wishnowsky had weaker legs. Nope.

The goal is to kick it to the 1 yard line and force a return and tackle inside the 20. Sometimes it works but the tradeoff for a few yards doesn't seem worth it esp. against teams who emphasize having really good return weapons.

We're 26th in ST. It's like groundhog day again.

Changing the ST coordinator hasn't changed a thing. This is as high as you'll get with this kind of strategy and safe fair-catching McCloud directions.

Others teams emphasize it as a potential difference maker. It's Kyle's philosophy (my assumption) since we're seeing the exact same thing under two different ST coordinators esp. when Schneider used to manage a top, aggressive unit.

It's absolutely crazy. At best we stop them 5 yards short of where a touch back would get them. At worst we allow huge returns like we have all season. Packers opened the game on like the 35 because of this crap. If our coverage units was good maybe it's worth it, but they're not good.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Kick the ball into the endzone on kickoffs!!!!!!

After that big return yesterday, I think this should be our strategy every time now

It's remarkable we stick with this strategy annually. I remember hearing a 9er podcast that covered this strategy years ago. And it hasn't changed.

I used to think it was because Gould and Wishnowsky had weaker legs. Nope.

The goal is to kick it to the 1 yard line and force a return and tackle inside the 20. Sometimes it works but the tradeoff for a few yards doesn't seem worth it esp. against teams who emphasize having really good return weapons.

We're 26th in ST. It's like groundhog day again.

Changing the ST coordinator hasn't changed a thing. This is as high as you'll get with this kind of strategy and safe fair-catching McCloud directions.

Others teams emphasize it as a potential difference maker. It's Kyle's philosophy (my assumption) since we're seeing the exact same thing under two different ST coordinators esp. when Schneider used to manage a top, aggressive unit.

Excellent post NC!
Maybe moody has a better chance of making a game winning FG in the CG.
He'll play against his childhood team so if he misses he sends them to the SB, if he makes it he sends his new team to the SB.
Nothing to lose. Very relaxing situation !
Moody grew up a Detroit fan and his father and family are big Detriot fans..... if this guy misses this Sunday...
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Moody grew up a Detroit fan and his father and family are big Detriot fans..... if this guy misses this Sunday...

Why didn't they convert when he became a Niner kicker? I would have thrown out all the blue for red. Don't let us down Moods..do it for The Bay!
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by Silky:
He's got a monster leg. I'm convinced he could hit between 65-70. He's had accuracy issues. But man some of those 50+ Fgs he hit this season looked like they'd be good from 65

i dont even think its really raw accuracy just has to get used to bay area winds/gusts

Lots of wind gusts, rain and snow in Michigan. He should know how to kick in bad weather better than most. He had a lot of practice in it.
Not many are talking about it but seeing it again, man that 52 yard fg in that weather is clutch as hell
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Not many are talking about it but seeing it again, man that 52 yard fg in that weather is clutch as hell

But that's moody ! He'll make some tough FG and then miss a 40yarder
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Originally posted by frenchmov:

But that's moody ! He'll make some tough FG and then miss a 40yarder

SCREW the Bad Moody Rysin !! we wont need him today !!

SF 44
DET 27

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Man, can't rely on him today for sure 🤣
Scrub
but he is so special!!!!
Shout out to the supporters behind this draft pick
Share 49ersWebzone