LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 358 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hard to say what would have happened if he hit the extra point, because the f**king chiefs were an inch away from scoring a TD in regulation. As much as I don't like Moody, he was one of the best players today.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
He made a 55 yard kick, a 53 yard kick with inder 2 minutes left, and an ot fg. Still going to get flamed. Life as a kicker sucks.

Missed an easy PAT that would have changed the course of the game.. still going to get random defenders.
Y'all do realize that if he makes that XP, when it was 4th and 3 on the goal line the Chiefs just for for it, and likely score right? Given the kid hit 53 and 55 yard FGs, the missed XP didn't lose the game.
Need a new kicker asap. Missed or got blocked in every post season game. Was inconsistent and shaky all season.
Robbie Gould doesn't hit a 53 and 55 yard field goal.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Missed an easy PAT that would have changed the course of the game.. still going to get random defenders.

PAT didn't change anything really. Chiefs moved the ball down the field at will late. Instead of playing it safe for a FG they would have gone all out for a TD.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Need a new kicker asap. Missed or got blocked in every post season game. Was inconsistent and shaky all season.

Dude hit two 50+ yard FGs. He's way down the list of reasons the 49ers lost.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Didn't say he was the reason we lost. But he's shaky. We can't rely on him going forward.

Didn't say he was the reason we lost. But he's shaky. We can't rely on him going forward.

Why?

I mean, maybe you're right. But don't most players get better from year one to year two in some way or another?

Kickers are a strange breed without a doubt. But this is knee jerk as knee jerk gets. I get it after a loss. But as said, he was hardly to blame tonight.

A lot of rookie kickers were shaky and then went on to incredible careers. Go lookup Robbie Goulds first season.

Dude hit two 50+ FGs in the SB. A guy with the yips or a block doesn't do that. I think for him it's more about technique consistency and you can coach that.

Originally posted by OhioNiner:

Why?

I mean, maybe you're right. But don't most players get better from year one to year two in some way or another?

Kickers are a strange breed without a doubt. But this is knee jerk as knee jerk gets. I get it after a loss. But as said, he was hardly to blame tonight.

It is just my opinion. Others may disagree and that is fine but it is not baseless.

He could turn it around. Hope he does.

PAT didn't change anything really. Chiefs moved the ball down the field at will late. Instead of playing it safe for a FG they would have gone all out for a TD.

Which would have changed everything. What are we talking about here?
I thinks it's completely fair to say if a team drafts a kicker as high as moody was drafted the kicker should be more reliable than moody has been.

if you disagree we simply don't see eye to eye and that's fine. Ignoring the potential narrative that his missed PAT cost us the game is simply naive. Sure, KC may have gone for it on fourth and won. Maybe they would have been stopped and lost.

making PATs should be considered automatic. You would legitimately have to be in a weird mental space to defend it.
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Feb 11, 2024 at 8:36 PM ]
Originally posted by wallangong:
Y'all do realize that if he makes that XP, when it was 4th and 3 on the goal line the Chiefs just for for it, and likely score right? Given the kid hit 53 and 55 yard FGs, the missed XP didn't lose the game.

Which is why I said I'm not blaming Moody. The Chiefs were going to get a TD sad to say. It just would've come sooner and ended the game sooner.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I thinks it's completely fair to say if a team drafts a kicker as high as moody was drafted the kicker should be more reliable than moody has been.

if you disagree we simply don't see eye to eye and that's fine. Ignoring the potential narrative that his missed PAT cost us the game is simply naive. Sure, KC may have gone for it on fourth and won. Maybe they would have been stopped and lost.

making PATs should be considered automatic. You would legitimately have to be in a weird mental space to defend it.

It was blocked. Probably would have made it
Share 49ersWebzone