LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 279 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Which would have changed everything. What are we talking about here?

Would have changed nothing because the 49ers defense showed zero ability to stop the Chiefs late. They played it safe for the FG late, had they needed a touchdown, considering that they were ten yards away, I don't see the defense stopping them either.

Going by the list of things that really hurt this team, the missed PAT was somewhere well below the fumble, the muffed punt, the three and out after the interception, the inability to convert third and five and potentially run out the clock late and the missed block that prevented a touchdown in OT.

This. It's way down the list of reasons we lost.
Robbie Gould doesn't make a 52 and 55 yard field goal tonight.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Or we would have won. Is your argument that a missed PAT actually helped us? unless your argument is that we should have missed on purpose (or gone for two and failed), then you agree that a missed PAT hurt us. There is no in between and there's not need to debate this.

The problem with that is it's just 1 point and it can easily be negated. You're not ever going to deliberately hook one because being up 4 is better than being up 3 but situationally you just never know. Most notably if a team settles on a field goal you now can end the game with a time consuming drive and field goal of your own. That almost played out for us. One 3rd and 4 conversion away.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 11, 2024 at 10:05 PM ]
cut this fat clown from this team. FOH FOREVER.
That pat hurt but imo wasn't the deciding factor. Two long field goals were clutch.

I think he will be on a much shorter leash next year.
Blocked, yes. His fault? Perhaps.

HOW f**kING EVER, dude didn't choke in biggest game . He even got a couple through the goal posts on kickoffs (huge freakin leg)
His blocked PAT was not the difference. Chiefs still find a way to win despite it. He made 2 50+ yard FGs.
[ Edited by Leathaface on Feb 11, 2024 at 11:41 PM ]
People really are trying to blame Moody for this loss lol. Unreal.
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Not sitting at home he doesn't.
Moody gets so much hate. And I know it's because of where he was drafted and that he is replacing a kicker who never missed in the playoffs. But he has actually been pretty clutch in these playoffs despite the missed XP and two missed FG's this postseason. I think he is 7-9 and 6 of those 7 he made were in big time moments. The other one put us up 3-0 in this game. And even that was big because it opened the scoring and it was a 54 yarder. His two misses I believe were early in games. Yes the missed XP was not good but I am not even sure that's on him.

And he will be even better next season with having a full season under his belt and already dealing with pressure situations. I can't believe there is some who are blaming him for this loss. Maybe the Chiefs score a TD instead of a FG if they were down by 4 instead of 3.

Im not gonna blame Moody for getting a PAT blocked when he made a 55 and 53 yarders under extreme pressure
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Not sitting at home he doesn't.

not even on the filed. Look I was critical of Moody, but tonight it´s not his fault. Robbie was saying it the whole year that he wants to test FA, that he will not return.
Our defence choked in the biggest moment twice on back to back drives.
Wilks called his best game, and yet had his brainfarts when it mattered.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Have to agree with this. And IF Moody makes that PAT, Chiefs play calling at the end would have been way more aggressive. They were very conservative at the end because they knew they had 3 in their back pocket to take it to OT.
That being said, he needs to work on his consistency this offseason, no doubt.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
That being said, he needs to work on his consistency this offseason, no doubt.

That's why I think he's on a short leash next season
Share 49ersWebzone