LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 273 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
crazy that letting Gould walk hurt us as much as it did. A few of niner-fan friends predicted this

It didn't hurt us at all. Gould wouldn't have made a 52 and 55 yard field goal in the Superbowl. I get we are all upset after this game but come on.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Feb 12, 2024 at 7:54 AM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
crazy that letting Gould walk hurt us as much as it did. A few of niner-fan friends predicted this

It didn't hurt us at all. Gould wouldn't have made a 52 and 55 yard field goal in the Superbowl. I get we are all upset after this game but come on.

Every kickoff was deep in the end zone. No returns. Gould couldn't do that.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Feb 12, 2024 at 8:22 AM ]
Moody is garbage. Release him.
BOO THIS BA***D OUT THE BUILDING.
That low extra point was the difference. What are the odds? Such a bummer as otherwise, he had a chance at a perfect game.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Was that blocked extra point that was kicked too low the difference in this game....maybe....

Sad we went into a SB contending year with a rookie kicker and it possibly cost us.

This + all the KO's went into the end zone for no returns
I have never in my life of watching football seen a blocked kick (that wasn't shanked), be put 100% on the kicker and simply called a miss. People simply don't like Moody.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
I have never in my life of watching football seen a blocked kick (that wasn't shanked), be put 100% on the kicker and simply called a miss. People simply don't like Moody.

It was a low kick that gave it the opportunity to be blocked, that's 100% on the kicker.

THIS. without Moody we get rolled. Gould doesnt get the 6 points and we end up giving up more points for better KC field position from missed long FG's and the at least one massive return KC would have had because gould couldn't kick the ball out of the endzone on kickoff

For a rookie, those 50+ yard kicks in the Super Bowl is pretty impressive.
Yeah people bashing Moody are being ridiculous. I get that he mis**t the PAT. That wasn't to win or lose the game.

The funny thing is people are doing the same thing the Purdy haters out there do in reverse. People want to say Purdy can't be this good because (in part) look where he was drafted.

Same with Moody. Unless he makes every kick practically for the rest of his life someone will continue to complain that we spent a 3rd round pick on him.

You can't worry about that. What's done is done. First round picks like Solomon Thomas fail. Last round picks like Purdy go on to do great. The draft is a once a year event in which guys for the entirety of their careers show how accurate it was. If a guy is productive or not is all that matters in the long run.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Exactly. People need to realize we probably would've lost in regulation if we had Gould instead of Moody in this game..
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 12, 2024 at 2:06 PM ]
  • da209
  • Veteran
He missed the XP, but other than that he had a great game. He wasn't the reason we lost the game.

Had so many opportunities to put the game away.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Exactly. People need to realize we probably would've lost in regulation if we had Gould instead of Moody in this game..

More like Moody makes that XP and Mahomes ends up throwing a TD at the end of regulation.
Share 49ersWebzone