There are 243 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by ady2glude707:
He is top 10-15 kicker who makes bottom 5 money as kicker .

He better be top 3 if you draft him in the 3rd, not average.

I'm in the camp that kickers are not people . Yes he was a third rd pick (99th pick so 4th rd territory in previous drafts ) .

salary cap wise the pick is helping us pay all our stars . Which in theory should put us in a position to not need a FG to beat an injury riddled team like the Rams .

as long as MOODY isn't kicking with pressure, he GOOD.... HE GOOD...

in short, KS10 should not be COACHING
Originally posted by 9moon:

I'm in the camp that kickers are not people . Yes he was a third rd pick (99th pick so 4th rd territory in previous drafts ) .

salary cap wise the pick is helping us pay all our stars . Which in theory should put us in a position to not need a FG to beat an injury riddled team like the Rams .

YOU s**t POST...YOU s**t POST
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by 9moon:

YOU s**t POST...YOU s**t POST

ahhhhh... don't be mad a me your HC sucks..

DO NOT worry, we still have a chance to be the 2nd best team in the league..
Inconsistent last year.

3rd round pick needs to be virtually automatic!
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Inconsistent last year.

He mostly is. Made almost everything this season. Except one 55 yarder which statistics say is just about 50%. Pretty automatic.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
He was 7 for 7 before that miss. I know 55 yards is doable but it's not exactly a chip shot. Yes he should have made it but the receivers that dropped 6 passes should catch the ball. the DBs that allow a 50 yard completion should do their job. The D line should get some pressure on the QB. Many things to complain about.

He has been playing well. Other mistakes in this game were more glaring.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Inconsistent last year.

He mostly is. Made almost everything this season. Except one 55 yarder which statistics say is just about 50%. Pretty automatic.
He's gotten better but in a close game and with every single kicker making virtually every field goal in the 50 yard range he needs to match that.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/d4h2r0/kicker_accuracy_accounting_for_distance/

55 = 53.57%. There you go. Lots of misses. This guy went through 10 years of stats. 2009 - 2019. Pretty good sample size. Almost miss half of them. Not a gimmie from 55 +.

Brought forward.

Brought forward again because people are missing it. 55+ it drops a lot. The percentage made. 55+ is not 50+ which is more sure. It's the exact category where the percentage of made drops real dramatically.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/d4h2r0/kicker_accuracy_accounting_for_distance/

55 = 53.57%. There you go. Lots of misses. This guy went through 10 years of stats. 2009 - 2019. Pretty good sample size. Almost miss half of them. Not a gimmie from 55 +.

Brought forward.

Brought forward again because people are missing it. 55+ it drops a lot. The percentage made. 55+ is not 50+ which is more sure. It's the exact category where the percentage of made drops real dramatically.
For a 3rd rounder and the type of year he had last year on what would be a Super Bowl team I'm thinking he should be Justin Tucker, Harrison Butker type. Idk if not in my view he's not earned that 3rd round pick.

Brought forward.

For a 3rd rounder and the type of year he had last year on what would be a Super Bowl team I'm thinking he should be Justin Tucker, Harrison Butker type. Idk if not in my view he's not earned that 3rd round pick.

I believe he made everything this year except one 55 yarder. Which is really good. He's not why we lost BTW. First you want a closer opportunity than that. So the teams fault for not getting closer. Next a fake punt you got burned on, big kick return, interference down the sideline, multiple drops all day, the biggest drop of them all - Bell, inconsistent run stopping, inconsistent pass rush, bad coverage overall for a team with good CB's. This is how we lost. A 55 yarder should not have even come into play.

He was 7 for 7 before that miss. I know 55 yards is doable but it's not exactly a chip shot. Yes he should have made it but the receivers that dropped 6 passes should catch the ball. the DBs that allow a 50 yard completion should do their job. The D line should get some pressure on the QB. Many things to complain about.

I hate the miss but it's not even in my top 5. If he made it and we won, it just hides the crappy defensive effort and those guys go on thinking they can give low effort and win.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I hate the miss but it's not even in my top 5. If he made it and we won, it just hides the crappy defensive effort and those guys go on thinking they can give low effort and win.

BOTTOM line is our HC should have done a better job handling the game... we were up 14 two times... not once.. but 2 times.. and then, we were up 10 points under 6 minutes..

IF he was supposed to be the BEST YOUNG MIND IN FOOTBALL, how can we lose to the LOWLY LAMBS with all their starters at home?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

He was really not the big problems in this loss and despite what these guys are saying 55+ is a long shot. It's where the percentage drops. It's not 50+. It's a different more difficult category. It would just mask all the other bigger mess ups in the game which were not kicking.

Brought forward.

I believe he made everything this year except one 55 yarder. Which is really good. He's not why we lost BTW. First you want a closer opportunity than that. So the teams fault for not getting closer. Next a fake punt you got burned on, big kick return, interference down the sideline, multiple drops all day, the biggest drop of them all - Bell, inconsistent run stopping, inconsistent pass rush, bad coverage overall for a team with good CB's. This is how we lost. A 55 yarder should not have even come into play.
We'll let this be since there is a lot of season left. But if he's paid and drafted high to make crucial kicks...I believe the distance wasn't an issue it's that he pulled it. So, that says he has the leg but needs accuracy.

He has been playing well. Other mistakes in this game were more glaring.

This.
Share 49ersWebzone