There are 243 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
He was 7 for 7 before that miss. I know 55 yards is doable but it's not exactly a chip shot. Yes he should have made it but the receivers that dropped 6 passes should catch the ball. the DBs that allow a 50 yard completion should do their job. The D line should get some pressure on the QB. Many things to complain about.

He has been playing well. Other mistakes in this game were more glaring.

This.

agreed, but I also think if he didn't have a history then people would not be coming down so hard on him .
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Sep 23, 2024 at 12:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
He was 7 for 7 before that miss. I know 55 yards is doable but it's not exactly a chip shot. Yes he should have made it but the receivers that dropped 6 passes should catch the ball. the DBs that allow a 50 yard completion should do their job. The D line should get some pressure on the QB. Many things to complain about.

This.

agreed, but I also think if he didn't have a history then people would not be coming down so hard on him .

Fans also think drafting kicker that high is a mistake. Time will tell but there's no guarantee that whoever else they would have drafted would be helping the team.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Maybe SWH can come lecture everyone on how great he is

Show me one post I have ever made that says he's great.

Grow up.

You lectured everyone last season, even after he missed a PA in the SB, about his historic season and everyone was so dumb to say anything negative about him

I was trying to provide some perspective on rookie kickers. I didnt lecture people who had negative things to say, nor did I claim his season was historic. You are talking out of your a**, per usual.
Every niner fan in the stadium knew he was missing. Oh well. We just need to keep it out of his hands going forward…. Kinda like last year…. From our third round kicker….

Grow up.

You lectured everyone last season, even after he missed a PA in the SB, about his historic season and everyone was so dumb to say anything negative about him

I was trying to provide some perspective on rookie kickers. I didnt lecture people who had negative things to say, nor did I claim his season was historic. You are talking out of your a**, per usual.

• Deebo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Every niner fan in the stadium knew he was missing. Oh well. We just need to keep it out of his hands going forward…. Kinda like last year…. From our third round kicker….

And everyone of us watching …….
Moody isn't awful but he's not close to elite either. 55 is within his leg strength but putting the game in the hands of him hitting a 55 yarder was not optimal. I'm not blaming this loss on him though. Last season of kickers that had at least 20 attempts Moody was 20th in field goal percentage. That means if your depending on him winning the game from 55 yards out then the team has much bigger problems.

We can only hope he improves as he continues to get more professional experience. That's all we have ATM. Hope that some of the things ailing this team improves and improves fast.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Sep 23, 2024 at 2:05 PM ]
Not blaming Moody for the L. Especially when it was his first miss of the year and from extreme distance. Anything 55+ starts to get dicey.

Virtually every dropped pass was a critical chunk play lost.

special teams units allowed the Rams to score 10 points by their failure.

This.

Fans also think drafting kicker that high is a mistake. Time will tell but there's no guarantee that whoever else they would have drafted would be helping the team.

Consider the time period. Robbie Gould was around 40 something and was losing leg strength. Moody was considered the best in the draft. He's been mostly good for us albeit not perfect. The pick was compensatory 3rd. Which is like a 4th round pick. It's really not that bad. To this day I have no problem with it and it was probably the right move. Some other 3rd rounder could easily be a bust. Not every 3rd round pick is Dominick Puni. In fact that is rare. Maybe we would have busted big anyway. We got a good kicker who is young with leg strength. He also routinely gives you the touchback. No small thing. No returns. I like the guy and think the WZ is too hard on him. I don't expect a kicker to be perfect. Especially 55+.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 23, 2024 at 2:43 PM ]
Dude isn't clutch. Bet he makes that in the second quarter. Got lukewarm water in his veins.

Grow up.

You absolutely did. You had to interject yourself, per usual, to let everyone know just how vehemently you disagreed with their takes on moody being shaky and just how wrong their opinions were. Par for the course for you.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Not his fault for the loss, but expectations are that he makes those kinds of kicks. 55 yarder isn't automatic but this is what made Robbie so reliable. He might not have the same strength but in clutch moments Robbie would put teams away (mostly). Moody has to be better.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Dude I knew when he walked up there he wasn't making it.

we have the worst ST unit in football.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Not blaming Moody for the L. Especially when it was his first miss of the year and from extreme distance. Anything 55+ starts to get dicey.

Meh we've seen kickers blasting 50+ FGs all over the place this yr. None of them are top 100 draft picks. Literally that's all he had to do….absolutely other guys f**ked up, doesn't mean he has to as well.

superior team loses because of multiple players turtled up when someone (anyone) needed to make a damn play when it mattered most.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Meh we've seen kickers blasting 50+ FGs all over the place this yr. None of them are top 100 draft picks. Literally that's all he had to do….absolutely other guys f**ked up, doesn't mean he has to as well.

superior team loses because of multiple players turtled up when someone (anyone) needed to make a damn play when it mattered most.

Yeah Moody isn't the reason we win or lose games. So with that I think we wasted a 3rd round pick on his ass. But he could have been the reason we WON against the Lambs.
Share 49ersWebzone