There are 181 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Meh, only reason Hoodie traded up was b/c our FO locked in on a freaking PK in the 3rd round. Like with Wishnowsky, had we waited until the 5th, Hoodie would have taken the better player in the 6th like he did with Jake Bailey.

Hoodie had free reign to trade up too for Moody as well. No chance.

You mean the guy that they ended up cutting?

Hoodie has higher standards. Wishnowsky is pretty average too.

I don't remember the last time Hoodie had a good draft; he's trash at drafting 😂

So justifying taking a punter or kicker early in the draft cause Hoodie did means….

That our FO does dumbass stuff like Hoodie. But for NC, Hoodie has higher standards cause he does it some picks after we do it
Originally posted by thl408:
Meh, only reason Hoodie traded up was b/c our FO locked in on a freaking PK in the 3rd round. Like with Wishnowsky, had we waited until the 5th, Hoodie would have taken the better player in the 6th like he did with Jake Bailey.

I don't remember the last time Hoodie had a good draft; he's trash at drafting 😂

If he's trash at drafting, and he wanted to draft Moody..

Thant honestly made me feel a little better about the pick thl, thanks! Lasted about 27 seconds though

Thant honestly made me feel a little better about the pick thl, thanks! Lasted about 27 seconds though

I'm mostly playing...just reminding fans that the justification for Wishnowsky was that he was more then just a P; he was a ST weapon. It turns out he's not. He's just a solid P.

Now we justify taking Moody because he's a generational PK. Let's pump the brakes. Odds are he's just a solid PK.
Originally posted by Chance:

This is such a weird reading of the situation. The mental gymnastics you have to pull off to put down our FO while avoiding to put down the Patriots is impressive.

Simply follow the P situation. Mitch Wishnowsky was a "generational special teams weapon." Yet nobody else used a high pick on him. Not even Hoodie. Naturally if 2 or 3 players are coveted, the second one goes, the other must follow. No doubt had we waited until the 5th, Hoodie would have followed. But nobody but us prioritizes a P or PK that high.

That's faulty logic. You're basing this on assumptions that neither you or I know to be true. Correlation isn't causation.

it's just ironic to me that you're literally blaming the Niners FO for forcing one of the best coaches in history to pick kickers and punters rounds early. It's a comically bad take from a guy who seemingly justified any move Baalke made.

You're basing an assumption Hoodie would have traded up for him at 100 like Kyle noted. Nope. He didn't before. Why now? For all we know he has his guy rated higher and had to now trade up for him because he was next off the board after we took Moody at 3 and there was at least one other team who needed a P/K.

Not even Baalke would take a PK in the 3rd and a P in the 4th.

Please point out anywhere I've assumed anything. I'll wait.

This is such a weird reading of the situation. The mental gymnastics you have to pull off to put down our FO while avoiding to put down the Patriots is impressive.

Simply follow the P situation. Mitch Wishnowsky was a "generational special teams weapon." Yet nobody else used a high pick on him. Not even Hoodie. Naturally if 2 or 3 players are coveted, the second one goes, the other must follow. No doubt had we waited until the 5th, Hoodie would have followed. But nobody but us prioritizes a P or PK that high.

That's faulty logic. You're basing this on assumptions that neither you or I know to be true. Correlation isn't causation.

it's just ironic to me that you're literally blaming the Niners FO for forcing one of the best coaches in history to pick kickers and punters rounds early. It's a comically bad take from a guy who seemingly justified any move Baalke made.

You're basing an assumption Hoodie would have traded up for him at 100 like Kyle noted. Nope. He didn't before. Why now? For all we know he has his guy rated higher and had to now trade up for him because he was next off the board after we took Moody at 3 and there was at least one other team who needed a P/K.

You implied it by claiming I'm playing mental gymnastics. It's not that hard of a concept. If there are a consensus 3 quality QB's, the second the first goes, the next two will follow. No different here. Hoodie needed ST the same years we did. He clearly didn't like Wishnowsky and Moody enough to beat SF to the punch and he got just as much production from waiting like most teams.

I'm mostly playing...just reminding fans that the justification for Wishnowsky was that he was more then just a P; he was a ST weapon. It turns out he's not. He's just a solid P.

Now we justify taking Moody because he's a generational PK. Let's pump the brakes. Odds are he's just a solid PK.

At worst, Moody will add touchbacks and/or good hangtime on kickoffs, something we haven't really had the last 5 years or so.

wish is a major disappointment in my opinion. He had a solid year last year but he only does well when he's punting from good position. When the offense is backed up and he has to punt, he isn't very good, which is when we need him most. I kinda wish we would upgrade from him.
  • thl408
Originally posted by tankle104:

At worst, Moody will add touchbacks and/or good hangtime on kickoffs, something we haven't really had the last 5 years or so.

wish is a major disappointment in my opinion. He had a solid year last year but he only does well when he's punting from good position. When the offense is backed up and he has to punt, he isn't very good, which is when we need him most. I kinda wish we would upgrade from him.

That's not "at worst". At worst he misses field goals when the team needs it most. If he's kicking a bunch of touchbacks while missing field goals, cut him.
Originally posted by tankle104:

I definitely like Moody and as a talent, feel better about his tools than Wishnowsky and his at the time. Not that I didn't like Wish either. He's very solid but solid can be found much later. We're only talking value and that's really more about ShanaLynch...and they prove annually they don't give af about value or reading the draft room. LOL

You implied it by claiming I'm playing mental gymnastics. It's not that hard of a concept. If there are a consensus 3 quality QB's, the second the first goes, the next two will follow. No different here. Hoodie needed ST the same years we did. He clearly didn't like Wishnowsky and Moody enough to beat SF to the punch and he got just as much production from waiting like most teams.

Wut? Pointing out your illogical assumption does not equal me arguing in favor of the opposite assumption. You're just full of assumptions.

Wut? Pointing out your illogical assumption does not equal me arguing in favor of the opposite assumption. You're just full of assumptions.

Illogical, even after we've already seen the pattern once before? LOL. K.

I was expecting a Kicker to be drafted early, since it's the only real need this team has.
Since 90% of the fans are clueless, of course they'll cry as they usually do.
Good thing their cry and whine is irrelevant.
Great pick as always.

Illogical meaning the use of a logical fallacy. Correlation doesn't equal causation. You do understand that, right?

Illogical meaning the use of a logical fallacy. Correlation doesn't equal causation. You do understand that, right?

Except they did it again this time too. LOL.
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
I was expecting a Kicker to be drafted early, since it's the only real need this team has.
Great pick as always.

How do you feel about Wishnowsky? I feel like we've been here before.
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
Great pick as always.

How do you feel about Wishnowsky? I feel like we've been here before.

Wishnowsky. Very good player who got his well deserved extension. Another good pick who made a bunch of clueless cry.
Share 49ersWebzone