There are 178 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Interesting to hear Barrows say Moody had 8 teams work him out prior to the Draft whereas in a usual year only 2-3 teams work out the top kicker.
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I was expecting a Kicker to be drafted early, since it's the only real need this team has.
Since 90% of the fans are clueless, of course they'll cry as they usually do.
Good thing their cry and whine is irrelevant.
Great pick as always.

How do you feel about Wishnowsky? I feel like we've been here before.

Wishnowsky. Very good player who got his well deserved extension. Another good pick who made a bunch of clueless cry.

He's a solid P.

Not quite the generational special teams weapon he was billed out to be (unfairly) in the 4th. There are far more successful who came in the 5th-UDFA rounds.
Originally posted by KiwiM3:
Interesting to hear Barrows say Moody had 8 teams work him out prior to the Draft whereas in a usual year only 2-3 teams work out the top kicker.

Did you watch football last season? Kicking was a s**tshow for multiple teams with kickers struggling to even make extra points. Dallas and Maher comes to mind
I was expecting a Kicker to be drafted early, since it's the only real need this team has.
Great pick as always.

Wishnowsky. Very good player who got his well deserved extension. Another good pick who made a bunch of clueless cry.

He's a solid P.

Not quite the generational special teams weapon he was billed out to be (unfairly) in the 4th. There are far more successful who came in the 5th-UDFA rounds.

Irrelevant.
The team got a good Punter which is all that matters, couldn't care less where he was drafted.
Clueless fans crying about a fourth round pick, lmao. Get a life.
Great pick as always.

He's a solid P.

Irrelevant.
The team got a good Punter which is all that matters, couldn't care less where he was drafted.

Irrevelant? I wouldn't go as far as saying you couldn't care less where a just above average punter is drafted. There are limits. Wait dis you Wish?
Rich Eisen LOVES this pick.

Originally posted by raywm3:
Great pick as always.

He's a solid P.

Irrelevant.

Irrevelant? I wouldn't go as far as saying you couldn't care less where a just above average punter is drafted. There are limits. Wait dis you Wish?

Yes, irrelevant. I don't care if you use a third or fourth round pick on special teams pieces who will stay with your team at least 6 years.
Only idiots are crying about these picks, which the fanbase is flooded with unfortunately.
I'm happy withe Wishnowsky and Moody, I'm not stupid.
Originally posted by raywm3:
Great pick as always.

He's a solid P.

Irrelevant.

LOL. Given his warning level, well...
Originally posted by Chance:
Meh, only reason Hoodie traded up was b/c our FO locked in on a freaking PK in the 3rd round. Like with Wishnowsky, had we waited until the 5th, Hoodie would have taken the better player in the 6th like he did with Jake Bailey.

Hoodie had free reign to trade up too for Moody as well. No chance.

This is such a weird reading of the situation. The mental gymnastics you have to pull off to put down our FO while avoiding to put down the Patriots is impressive.

Simply follow the P situation. Mitch Wishnowsky was a "generational special teams weapon." Yet nobody else used a high pick on him. Not even Hoodie. Naturally if 2 or 3 players are coveted, the second one goes, the other must follow. No doubt had we waited until the 5th, Hoodie would have followed. But nobody but us prioritizes a P or PK that high.

That's faulty logic. You're basing this on assumptions that neither you or I know to be true. Correlation isn't causation.

it's just ironic to me that you're literally blaming the Niners FO for forcing one of the best coaches in history to pick kickers and punters rounds early. It's a comically bad take from a guy who seemingly justified any move Baalke made.

You're basing an assumption Hoodie would have traded up for him at 100 like Kyle noted. Nope. He didn't before. Why now? For all we know he has his guy rated higher and had to now trade up for him because he was next off the board after we took Moody at 3 and there was at least one other team who needed a P/K.

Not even Baalke would take a PK in the 3rd and a P in the 4th.

Please point out anywhere I've assumed anything. I'll wait.

You implied it by claiming I'm playing mental gymnastics. It's not that hard of a concept. If there are a consensus 3 quality QB's, the second the first goes, the next two will follow. No different here. Hoodie needed ST the same years we did. He clearly didn't like Wishnowsky and Moody enough to beat SF to the punch and he got just as much production from waiting like most teams.

Wut? Pointing out your illogical assumption does not equal me arguing in favor of the opposite assumption. You're just full of assumptions.

Illogical, even after we've already seen the pattern once before? LOL. K.

Illogical meaning the use of a logical fallacy. Correlation doesn't equal causation. You do understand that, right?

Except they did it again this time too. LOL.

Did what? You're so wrapped up in what you think is going on in brains of HOF coaches. It's really quite funny especially since you have to simultaneously put down our FO while defending BillB (who by the way once picked a long snapper right after Baalke took a punter, lulz (Pinion)).

NC when Pinion was a Baalke 5th rounder:

How many times have we been burned by a short KO or been unable to defend a punt in the playoffs/ Superbowl? If this guy can consistently keep the ball in the air for 5 seconds we have excellent gunners who should have no issues downing the ball or forcing a deep fair catch. He practices Aussie-style kicks as well AND FG's in the 52-62+ yard ranges.

Then if he kicks every ball out if the EZ (like up in Seattle with poor weather late in years/playoffs and for night games in the Santa Clara winds, Chicago, Lambeau, etc) he could be a huge weapon for us and really preserve the 40-year old Dawson as a result to focus on just FG's inside 50 yards. This guy could be a lock for this roster.

Is it OK to cheer for this guy? Too soon? Not PC?

Oh how the turn tables.
[ Edited by Chance on May 4, 2023 at 12:56 AM ]
Did what? You're so wrapped up in what you think is going on in brains of HOF coaches. It's really quite funny especially since you have to simultaneously put down our FO while defending BillB (who by the way once picked a long snapper right after Baalke took a punter, lulz (Pinion)).

How many times have we been burned by a short KO or been unable to defend a punt in the playoffs/ Superbowl? If this guy can consistently keep the ball in the air for 5 seconds we have excellent gunners who should have no issues downing the ball or forcing a deep fair catch. He practices Aussie-style kicks as well AND FG's in the 52-62+ yard ranges.

Then if he kicks every ball out if the EZ (like up in Seattle with poor weather late in years/playoffs and for night games in the Santa Clara winds, Chicago, Lambeau, etc) he could be a huge weapon for us and really preserve the 40-year old Dawson as a result to focus on just FG's inside 50 yards. This guy could be a lock for this roster.

Oh how the turn tables.

Sounds about NC.

Meh, only reason Hoodie traded up was b/c our FO locked in on a freaking PK in the 3rd round. Like with Wishnowsky, had we waited until the 5th, Hoodie would have taken the better player in the 6th like he did with Jake Bailey.

Hoodie had free reign to trade up too for Moody as well. No chance.

This is such a weird reading of the situation. The mental gymnastics you have to pull off to put down our FO while avoiding to put down the Patriots is impressive.

Simply follow the P situation. Mitch Wishnowsky was a "generational special teams weapon." Yet nobody else used a high pick on him. Not even Hoodie. Naturally if 2 or 3 players are coveted, the second one goes, the other must follow. No doubt had we waited until the 5th, Hoodie would have followed. But nobody but us prioritizes a P or PK that high.

That's faulty logic. You're basing this on assumptions that neither you or I know to be true. Correlation isn't causation.

it's just ironic to me that you're literally blaming the Niners FO for forcing one of the best coaches in history to pick kickers and punters rounds early. It's a comically bad take from a guy who seemingly justified any move Baalke made.

You're basing an assumption Hoodie would have traded up for him at 100 like Kyle noted. Nope. He didn't before. Why now? For all we know he has his guy rated higher and had to now trade up for him because he was next off the board after we took Moody at 3 and there was at least one other team who needed a P/K.

Not even Baalke would take a PK in the 3rd and a P in the 4th.

Please point out anywhere I've assumed anything. I'll wait.

You implied it by claiming I'm playing mental gymnastics. It's not that hard of a concept. If there are a consensus 3 quality QB's, the second the first goes, the next two will follow. No different here. Hoodie needed ST the same years we did. He clearly didn't like Wishnowsky and Moody enough to beat SF to the punch and he got just as much production from waiting like most teams.

Wut? Pointing out your illogical assumption does not equal me arguing in favor of the opposite assumption. You're just full of assumptions.

Illogical, even after we've already seen the pattern once before? LOL. K.

Illogical meaning the use of a logical fallacy. Correlation doesn't equal causation. You do understand that, right?

Except they did it again this time too. LOL.

Oh how the turn tables.

Thanks for proving my point on the 3rd example.

Unlike you, I learn. This is a perfect example of how he was hyped up as an offensive special teams weapon and in the end, he can't do kickoffs, we have to use our 50 year old PK to do it, isn't anymore effective in inclemental weather, and is no more productive than a P you'd get as an UDFA. It turns out the FO didn't factor in the elevation he was punting in.

But I'm excited you're so hyped about losing value on P's and PK's. That sounds like a winning stance!

I did/do like both players. Always did. It's just unlikely they'll be any more special than anyone else they could have taken much later in the end.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 4, 2023 at 4:25 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If you're having a visceral reaction to a compensatory pick DAYS after it was made… I am sorry for how your life is turning out and truly wish you the best as you seek happiness.
Originally posted by okdkid:
If you're having a visceral reaction to a compensatory pick DAYS after it was made… I am sorry for how your life is turning out and truly wish you the best as you seek happiness.

Thanks for your kind words
35 pages of posts...this kid is catching up to the Jimmy G thread
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
35 pages of posts...this kid is catching up to the Jimmy G thread

About 30 of it is whining and b***hing about the pick. He will probably pan out better than any other player we would have drafted instead.
Share 49ersWebzone