Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
yeah and you can get a QB at pick 262, can make the same comment on TL or any guy seemingly overdrafted

Haha comparing a QB and a kicker to find a gotcha moment…get real faithful.

yeah the comp is you can get a QB at 262 we did it
Brady round 6
Hurts round 2
Warner udfa, why don't we just do that..

point I am making and you know it's true, who cares about a round 3 pick, like Trey Sermon, what value did that have? If Moody is here a long time, this is a great investment. so the round 3 doesn't matter, he just has to be a good kicker to justify the selection.

Who cares about Fred Warner?

dude Warner wasn't on the board, listen to the interviews, KS laughing like a maniac saying welp we took you and not another RB..

KS wanted another RB, the entire room probably had to talk him down and say eff no Shanny!

you have done enough damage with these 3rd round RBs, let the rest of the draft room handle this pick, we are taking a guy who will give us many years of real value, not be in Philly in 1 season.

Or we just continued our tradition of wasting 3rd round picks by selecting Moody.

most 3rd don't really work out, getting a Warner type in round 3 is rare.. but really this is 99, which if you do the math in a 32 team league with 31 round one picks, it's like a round 4 pick, which the club mentioned also, I understand the hit rate on round 3-4s so I'm not complaining if it whiffs (ok I am) but you know what I mean, Moody probably has a more likely success rate than other third rounders, less adapting to our team, our playbook, it's just can he kick em straight and true? I think he will be a good one, in which case it's more than worth a compensatory 3rd..

63% of 1st round picks are starters. Guess we should just draft a kicker in the first. 2nd round pick is only 27% so should totally take a punter there. 3rd round go long snapper. Can't risk taking players with elite traits and rely on your elite coaching staff to develop players amiright? Not like taking players who are athletic freaks has made up the core of our team.

let's not get silly, why draft in 1st? no one is suggesting that.. it's clear to me that they took him precisely when they needed to, either 99 or 101 take your pick. He wasn't gonna be there in round 5. they had the pulse of the draft nailed as to when he was gonna be selected

If missing on a kicker was the make or break of the draft for us then I look forward to our undefeated season next year as our roster is so incredibly built we can't even look to upgrade elsewhere
I think you would be more upset with missing the playoffs than a undefeated season if our Kicker can't win games

Do you really think we couldn't find a kicker off the street? Seeing as how our kicker from last year is literally still on the street.

Robbie Gould UDFA from Penn State lol.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Both of you have been hanging out with NC way too much

I'm not kissing the Niners ass for taking a kicker in the 3rd or being so arrogant to think that was the only position we could improve upon. That's all.
you didn't answer the question, pick a guy let's hear it none of this I would have taken 12 guys at pick 99.. no, let's hear the one name you would have put on the card, if you don't like the Moody pick, and we will see going forward who had it correct

no attack on you, attacking your post, I think you know full well Moody wouldn't have been avail udfa, so if that's the guy they identified as the pk in this draft class, they gotta spend the pick 99 or 101

I told you there's was a plethora of players I would have a taken and been happy with…NOT one…that's the whole f**king point!

nah man this all you ever do. You attack a poster to diminish whatever it is that that poster is talking about. You try and twist it into some hypocritical talk, instead of talking about it in football terms. This isn't a political debate, it's football. You're a fan and you will pretend everything they do at the start is good. You can't be objective because you're a fan. It's okay, but at least admit it. Debating or having a conversation with someone like that is a massive waste of time…You talk out your ass and get so caught up in moving goalposts, deflecting and all the other nonsense, that you don't even realize you literally prove my point AND sounded ridiculous trying to compare kickers to QBs.

I could care less if ended up with Moody or Dunn so long as they weren't taken in the 3rd rd! Now we're gonna depend on a rookie kicker to win a SB this yr right? He's not allowed to be a rookie kicker and go though what every single rookie kicker goes through. If he stinks or isn't ridiculously good, then it's an epic failure. you don't take K that high for a reason.

and still you won't answer the question, of providing one name,

which more or less proves my point, I suspect whatever name you give, will go on to a nondescript career as a who was that guy, Moody will probably have the better career.. that's the calculation SF made also JL and KS, I happen to agree with it, this is a football convo, nothing more no need to get all over the top

lol epic failure with a comp 3rd, get real.. what was Trey Sermon then? spending 3 ones and whiffing would be the epic failure, not whatever you do with your comp 3rd. just my opinions on football, as always
he's in his 40s, can't kick deep for bleep anymore, and wants many times more than what Moody is getting paid
he's on the street for a reason, like most kickers, and yes Tucker was udfa, however you will find most udfa are guys like the Jags dude who kicked the ball of his own coaches head in prax, ppl don't know about that dude cuz he didn't make it, the vast majority of udfa kickers dont.

The vastly majority of NFL kickers ARE UDFAs or late day 3 picks. NOT top 100 picks in a draft.

in fact I don't think there's a current kicker playing in the NFL that was a top 100 pick.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 5, 2023 at 11:01 AM ]
if ppl could go back in time, knowing what they know today, Justin Tucker would have been a 1st round pick, no question, maybe a top 10 pick

Definitely not.

I haven't looked at the class but name 10 dudes better than a HOF kicker who is the GOAT kicker; in that class, also realize who we took in that draft lol

I'm glad you asked

1. Andrew Luck
2. Russel Wilson
3. Luke Kuechly
4. Fletcher Cox
5. Bobby Wagner
6. Harrison Smith
7. Chandler Jones
8. Casey Hayward
9. Bruce Irvin
10. Kirk Cousins
11. Kevin Zeitler
12. Riley Reiff
13. Lavonte David
14. TY Hilton
15. Ben Jones
he's in his 40s, can't kick deep for bleep anymore, and wants many times more than what Moody is getting paid
he's on the street for a reason, like most kickers, and yes Tucker was udfa, however you will find most udfa are guys like the Jags dude who kicked the ball of his own coaches head in prax, ppl don't know about that dude cuz he didn't make it, the vast majority of udfa kickers dont.

The vastly majority of NFL kickers ARE USFAs or late day 3 picks. NOT top 100 picks in a draft.

do you know the odds of hitting with a udfa vs hitting on a drafted kicker? do you know how many udfa kickers every single season don't amount to jack?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Both of you have been hanging out with NC way too much

I'm not kissing the Niners ass for taking a kicker in the 3rd or being so arrogant to think that was the only position we could improve upon. That's all.
Kissing the 9ers ass now huh
do you know the odds of hitting with a udfa vs hitting on a drafted kicker? do you know how many udfa kickers every single season don't amount to jack?

Yeah it's better actually…guess how many kickers that are starting currently were top 100 picks? ZERO
if ppl could go back in time, knowing what they know today, Justin Tucker would have been a 1st round pick, no question, maybe a top 10 pick

Definitely not.

I haven't looked at the class but name 10 dudes better than a HOF kicker who is the GOAT kicker; in that class, also realize who we took in that draft lol

I'm glad you asked

1. Andrew Luck
2. Russel Wilson
3. Luke Kuechly
4. Fletcher Cox
5. Bobby Wagner
6. Harrison Smith
7. Chandler Jones
8. Casey Hayward
9. Bruce Irvin
10. Kirk Cousins
11. Kevin Zeitler
12. Riley Reiff
13. Lavonte David
14. TY Hilton
15. Ben Jones

some of these are sketch imo.. Tucker is a HOFer, a lot of these names will never be.. it was a good class, but no question he's a first rounder based on his value, can we agree there? I would say fairly high first, I would take Tucker wayyy ahead of Bruce Irvin, he wasn't even retained after his rook deal

Definitely not.

I'm glad you asked

1. Andrew Luck
2. Russel Wilson
3. Luke Kuechly
4. Fletcher Cox
5. Bobby Wagner
6. Harrison Smith
7. Chandler Jones
8. Casey Hayward
9. Bruce Irvin
10. Kirk Cousins
11. Kevin Zeitler
12. Riley Reiff
13. Lavonte David
14. TY Hilton
15. Ben Jones
All bad picks.. history shows that better players have been selected in much later rounds even UD.

Yeah it's better actually…guess how many kickers that are starting currently were top 100 picks? ZERO

let's see the stats not you talking out your backside; I would wager drafted kickers have much better odds than the tons of udfa that you never hear from
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
All bad picks.. history shows that better players have been selected in much later rounds even UD.

RG3 and Trent Richardson went in the top 5 of this draft. A lot of this talent was found in the later rounds.
the great Jake Moody debates

you didn't answer the question, pick a guy let's hear it none of this I would have taken 12 guys at pick 99.. no, let's hear the one name you would have put on the card, if you don't like the Moody pick, and we will see going forward who had it correct

no attack on you, attacking your post, I think you know full well Moody wouldn't have been avail udfa, so if that's the guy they identified as the pk in this draft class, they gotta spend the pick 99 or 101

I told you there's was a plethora of players I would have a taken and been happy with…NOT one…that's the whole f**king point!

nah man this all you ever do. You attack a poster to diminish whatever it is that that poster is talking about. You try and twist it into some hypocritical talk, instead of talking about it in football terms. This isn't a political debate, it's football. You're a fan and you will pretend everything they do at the start is good. You can't be objective because you're a fan. It's okay, but at least admit it. Debating or having a conversation with someone like that is a massive waste of time…You talk out your ass and get so caught up in moving goalposts, deflecting and all the other nonsense, that you don't even realize you literally prove my point AND sounded ridiculous trying to compare kickers to QBs.

I could care less if ended up with Moody or Dunn so long as they weren't taken in the 3rd rd! Now we're gonna depend on a rookie kicker to win a SB this yr right? He's not allowed to be a rookie kicker and go though what every single rookie kicker goes through. If he stinks or isn't ridiculously good, then it's an epic failure. you don't take K that high for a reason.

But, of course, you won't name one because, statistically speaking, the chances of that player ending up contributing more to the team than a guy who was the consensus pick as the top player at his position in the draft is probably pretty small and would ultimately end up proving how meaningless your argument is.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Kissing the 9ers ass now huh

Yes, not every pick is good dude. It's okay to admit it
Share 49ersWebzone