There are 283 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Both of you have been hanging out with NC way too much

I'm not kissing the Niners ass for taking a kicker in the 3rd or being so arrogant to think that was the only position we could improve upon. That's all.

Lol I know. You"be just seemed extra wound up with all the Lance stuff of late.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Kissing the 9ers ass now huh

Yes, not every pick is good dude. It's okay to admit it

I think it's okay to admit it after we see how he plays, it's too early to sit there and say this is not a good pick..
If a comp 3rd on a K is going to make or break the season or the franchise, then they have bigger fish to fry. Don't particularly love the pick, but also don't really give a s**t lol
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I think it's okay to admit it after we see how he plays, it's too early to sit there and say this is not a good pick..

You get one game to prove yourself Moody. Hope its not raining
Lol
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Kissing the 9ers ass now huh

Yes, not every pick is good dude. It's okay to admit it
but you're not anyone to decide whats good or bad.

just cause you don't like it doesn't mean anyone who doesn't agree is wrong and is kissing the 9ers ass
If a comp 3rd on a K is going to make or break the season or the franchise, then they have bigger fish to fry. Don't particularly love the pick, but also don't really give a s**t lol
we should pick someone who is 4th or 5th on depth chart and probably cut before the season starts
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on May 5, 2023 at 11:34 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

You get one game to prove yourself Moody. Hope its not raining

get real, that dude has had two years, and for the record, I have said he struggled that game (true) and he can be a new and improved guy this offseason (also true)
he can be QB1 going into 2023.. but yes as far as 2021 and 2022 it was a terrible pick, completely terrible so far, no question about it

It's more annoying then anything else. I get where NY and Hysterikal are coming from, the 9ers seem to love certain guys they'll take em whenever. Gotta work on the value part of drafting.

QB play and overall health will make or break the season like it normally does.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by tankle104:
He made like 97% of all his kicks ever 40 yards or less, including PAT. Pretty much all of his misses were 45+ yards or more. Some misses were just tough kicks in tough winds. Some misses were just bad form.

made all of his clutch and/or game winning kicks too.

Is this for real? If so, that's what separates a good kicker from an excellent kicker.

Definitely true. I think he went 3/3 on game winning kicks. Something like that.

he had two against Illinois at the end of the game that saved their undefeated season this past year
[ Edited by tankle104 on May 5, 2023 at 11:37 AM ]

Originally posted by 49ers81:
But, of course, you won't name one because, statistically speaking, the chances of that player ending up contributing more to the team than a guy who was the consensus pick as the top player at his position in the draft is probably pretty small and would ultimately end up proving how meaningless your argument is.

Lol so because I would have been cool with the list of players I provided that's a problem?

Lol so we should have taken a LS if he was the "consensus" top player at his position?

yeah like I'm the only person in here or in the NFL world that was like WTF with that pick…I know kickers get draft in the top 100 all the time!

You're right we couldn't use help anywhere else or develop starters elsewhere. We should have just thrown away all our picks because we don't need players at all. Kicker and dats it.
Lol I know. You"be just seemed extra wound up with all the Lance stuff of late.

Bro I'm always wound up in here with all the dumb stuff I read 😂 for real it's Friday I'm fine

HA yeah okay. So I guess 30 passing attempts was too much though right? Went from 5,000 yards and 40TDs to meh pretty quickly brah.

get real, that dude has had two years, and for the record, I have said he struggled that game (true) and he can be a new and improved guy this offseason (also true)
he can be QB1 going into 2023.. but yes as far as 2021 and 2022 it was a terrible pick, completely terrible so far, no question about it

But that wasn't what you said last year. It was sunshine and rainbows. One bad game and you were out.

Like I said, One game Jake. Make it count

HA yeah okay. So I guess 30 passing attempts was too much though right? Went from 5,000 yards and 40TDs to meh pretty quickly brah.

see post 653
Share 49ersWebzone