There are 282 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
If a comp 3rd on a K is going to make or break the season or the franchise, then they have bigger fish to fry. Don't particularly love the pick, but also don't really give a s**t lol

It's more annoying then anything else. I get where NY and Hysterikal are coming from, the 9ers seem to love certain guys they'll take em whenever. Gotta work on the value part of drafting.

QB play and overall health will make or break the season like it normally does.

Yeah I get it. I've just learned to not really care anymore because they've shown me to be an excellent FO. if this guy bombs the pitchforks are coming out
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Lol I know. You"be just seemed extra wound up with all the Lance stuff of late.

Bro I'm always wound up in here with all the dumb stuff I read 😂 for real it's Friday I'm fine

🤣
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

get real, that dude has had two years, and for the record, I have said he struggled that game (true) and he can be a new and improved guy this offseason (also true)
he can be QB1 going into 2023.. but yes as far as 2021 and 2022 it was a terrible pick, completely terrible so far, no question about it

But that wasn't what you said last year. It was sunshine and rainbows. One bad game and you were out.

Like I said, One game Jake. Make it count

he's a pro kicker, he has his career riding on his kick to kick.. look at Daniel Carlson, who was a draft pick of Minnesota, he had one bad day, he was fired.

he didn't survive game #2.. so you post in jest, but that's really the pressure on these guys

After the game he struggled (one bad game) coach Zimmer was asked if it was a hard decision firing a guy for one bad day, he said no it was an easy decision. Asked why it was an easy decision he replied, did you see the game? So yeah these pro kickers feel the weight of being fired, having to pack up all their stuff, and pray to get another NFL job on a kick to kick basis, until you establish yourself in the league, that's Moody's reality now.

TL has a much longer leash cuz of the draft investment was so much higher, but even him, look at Zach Wilson, teams are quick to move off these guys, it's a win now league.
It's more annoying then anything else. I get where NY and Hysterikal are coming from, the 9ers seem to love certain guys they'll take em whenever. Gotta work on the value part of drafting.

QB play and overall health will make or break the season like it normally does.

This. Teams go through kickers like water. You don't get years worth of developing to prove you're the guy. They can find a "decent" kicker anywhere.

avg starting kicker is making like $3.5M. Spending a 3rd on a kicker to save that kind of cash is dumb. You draft a OL that turns into a starting RT or OG that's $10M+ depending on how they turn out. Same applies at DB/EDGE/WR etc. it's horrible value projection and a bad draft philosophy imo.

Did they truthfully think moody was the 99th best player in this draft? If so that's a problem. This seems to happen all the time with them.

we're in a league now that teams are going for it on 4th down WAY MORE. More TDs being scored than ever before. Yet here's SF worried about taking a kicker lol. Don't worry about the OL, we got a kicker! Lol Jesus.
Yeah I get it. I've just learned to not really care anymore because they've shown me to be an excellent FO. if this guy bombs the pitchforks are coming out

No doubt.

Pitchforks come out when every pick isnt an OL.

get real, that dude has had two years, and for the record, I have said he struggled that game (true) and he can be a new and improved guy this offseason (also true)
he can be QB1 going into 2023.. but yes as far as 2021 and 2022 it was a terrible pick, completely terrible so far, no question about it

Haha you were riding him so hard this past offseason…30 passes in and you flip so fast your head was spinning. You got that John Lynch "conviction" that's for sure 😂

moody better not miss anything his first game or you're out completely.
This. Teams go through kickers like water. You don't get years worth of developing to prove you're the guy. They can find a "decent" kicker anywhere.

avg starting kicker is making like $3.5M. Spending a 3rd on a kicker to save that kind of cash is dumb. You draft a OL that turns into a starting RT or OG that's $10M+ depending on how they turn out. Same applies at DB/EDGE/WR etc. it's horrible value projection and a bad draft philosophy imo.

Did they truthfully think moody was the 99th best player in this draft? If so that's a problem. This seems to happen all the time with them.

we're in a league now that teams are going for it on 4th down WAY MORE. More TDs being scored than ever before. Yet here's SF worried about taking a kicker lol. Don't worry about the OL, we got a kicker! Lol Jesus.

Meh I support not taking the OL cuz I wasn't a fan of the guys available. DB on other hand. All this lets get by with late round picks and undrafted guys is getting pretty old.
But that wasn't what you said last year. It was sunshine and rainbows. One bad game and you were out.

Like I said, One game Jake. Make it count

Dude's talking about "two years" when he was all tight in the pants over Lance this time last yr HA. One slop fest where no one on SF looked good and two drives and he was over it. Like I said he's got that John Lynch "conviction" lol.

No doubt.

Pitchforks come out when every pick isnt an OL.

They tend to come out when the 9ers make bad decisions ( the drafting of kinlaw comes to mind ) I just hope this kicker turns out to be good or else this thread could get ugly.
[ Edited by Sickaa on May 5, 2023 at 12:00 PM ]

Haha you were riding him so hard this past offseason…30 passes in and you flip so fast your head was spinning. You got that John Lynch "conviction" that's for sure 😂

moody better not miss anything his first game or you're out completely.

JFC NY, he broke his ankle.. so who knows what his season numbers would have been, did you miss that part?

I am on record yeah he struggled in 2022 during that limited stretch, you can keep blowing smoke like the Bears game was a master class of QB play, it wasn't. Doesn't mean he cannot improve or get better over time, he's a young QB.. he has his own thread tho, let's not turn every thread into a TL thread

Moody better not miss is correct he's a NFL kicker, he lives kick to kick until he proves himself.. pressure off the charts, no question

Meh I support not taking the OL cuz I wasn't a fan of the guys available. DB on other hand. All this lets get by with late round picks and undrafted guys is getting pretty old.

I would have been completely fine with more DBs as well. There was a handful of guys I like at DB and OL.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
They tend to come our when the 9ers make bad decisions ( the drafting of kinlaw comes to mind ) I just hope this kicker turns out to be good or else this thread could get ugly.

Draft picks at the end of the day are lottery picks. Have to accept that some will flame out. Nature of the beast. Even if you trade 3 1sts and it doesn't work you can manage the mistake with other value choices.

The decisions that really need to be good are when the team invests large sums of money into players. Can't go paying Trey or Brock 40 mil a year down the line and not get the production for it.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
They tend to come our when the 9ers make bad decisions ( the drafting of kinlaw comes to mind ) I just hope this kicker turns out to be good or else this thread could get ugly.

Draft picks at the end of the day are lottery picks. Have to accept that some will flame out. Nature of the beast. Even if you trade 3 1sts and it doesn't work you can manage the mistake with other value choices.

The decisions that really need to be good are when the team invests large sums of money into players. Can't go paying Trey or Brock 40 mil a year down the line and not get the production for it.

this is where we differ 9ers4eva, you equate what a team does with a solitary comp 3rd, to how they invest 3 years worth of ones, that's not making sense to me, one is a throwaway, I mean we legit get these comp thirds for random compensation.. meanwhile three ones all NFL GMs would recognize as franchise altering mammoth value.

lil funny seeing ppl have no issue with the potential whiff of 3 ones, and up in arms over what they view as a whiff of a comp third who has yet to actually take the field
this is where we differ 9ers4eva, you equate what a team does with a solitary comp 3rd, to how they invest 3 years worth of ones, that's not making sense to me, one is a throwaway, I mean we legit get these comp thirds for random compensation.. meanwhile three ones all NFL GMs would recognize as franchise altering mammoth value.

lil funny seeing ppl have no issue with the potential whiff of 3 ones, and up in arms over what they view as a whiff of a comp third who has yet to actually take the field

Not what I was equating.

Not what I was equating.

You said "Even if you trade 3 1sts and it doesn't work you can manage the mistake with other value choices."

Hard not to read that as it's not a big deal if you whiff on 3 ones, cuz you can manage it with other moves.. correct me if I am reading you wrong, or feel free to elaborate..
Share 49ersWebzone