There are 422 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Only people trying to justify this pick are homer fans. There's been 5 kickers taken in the first 3 rds since 2000.

He legit needs to come out and be one of the best kickers in the NFL to justify the pick. When 95% of the league has kickers that were drafted late day 3 or UDFAs, objectively it's a bad pick simple as that.

Don't worry NY85 I think this is a dumb f**king pick also.

Both of you have been hanging out with NC way too much

LOL. They've seen the light. It'll still take you, All and 9ers4eva about 10 more years but I have faith!

This made me immediately change my stance. Moody was the best pick since Bosa.

I like you better on the dark side anyhow. It brings out your best humor.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
LOL. They've seen the light. It'll still take you, All and 9ers4eva about 10 more years but I have faith!

I have faith one day you'll realize that other positions matter too. Might take more than 10 tho.
i don't have as much faith. NC just likes to pick out the weakness

if we had all pro line men and no skill players, he will just say whine about not having high ranked skill player needed to win the championship
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

if we had all pro line men and no skill players, he will just say whine about not having high ranked skill player needed to win the championship

Just gotta follow the Ryan Pace rebuilding plan. It's far superior.
Only people trying to justify this pick are homer fans. There's been 5 kickers taken in the first 3 rds since 2000.

He legit needs to come out and be one of the best kickers in the NFL to justify the pick. When 95% of the league has kickers that were drafted late day 3 or UDFAs, objectively it's a bad pick simple as that.

Don't worry NY85 I think this is a dumb f**king pick also.

Both of you have been hanging out with NC way too much

Man it's a treasure trove if you go back and pull his old posts. The best was the other days when someone pulled an old post of him slobbering all over the Pinion pick 😂

lol
Good bad or indifferent it really doesn't mean anything at this point, all we can do is root for him to be good.
Man it's a treasure trove if you go back and pull his old posts. The best was the other days when someone pulled an old post of him slobbering all over the Pinion pick 😂

Baalke used lots of high picks on OL too.

Need a its so hard to say goodbye to yesterday meme
Originally posted by Patton:
Good bad or indifferent it really doesn't mean anything at this point, all we can do is root for him to be good.

For sure. Didnt like the pick but now I want total success.

Sadly others will be rooting for the Patriots kicker to do better if experience teaches us anything.
So you would waste a pick so you can get the worst UDFA kicker.. thats not smart

Who said anything about wasting a pick? Go draft an OT/EDGE/DB/WR etc

These were some of the names still on the board…
saldiveri
freeland
Jones
zavala
daniels
Warren
mcguire
herbig
scott
rush
adebawore
Phillips III

don't tell me for one sec none of those guys could help this team and none of them could become a starter at a vastly more important position.

when 95% of the league is made of of kickers that were UDFAs or LATE day 3 picks…yeah objectively it's a stupid pick.

The thing that's most concerning for me, and obviously, ever FO has it's blind spots, but (and this is one example), ShanaLynch, Peters and Tariq said, they not only rank their rookies on their big board but rank them up against the players currently on the team and said, there wasn't a single young T/G that could come in and compete with McKivitz, Pryor and Moore.

That's uh, a bit concerning to me b/c that mentality extends to all positions.

Also, it doesn't appear that John and Kyle seem to care about player tiers as much as other teams appear to do... as they seem to focus primarily on personality and personal connection with the coaches.

It's good and bad IMO. The good part of this philosophy is that you're more likely to hit on a George Kittle, or Fred Warner type player because you're increasing the odds of finding an all-pro caliber person, but the bad is you're not always taking the best players regardless of character. I think we can call this the Reuben Foster effect.

Another frustrating thing is that, if its a bad RB class for example, they take one high... and then don't draft one in a much better class. They don't project future prospects very well.

Maybe this is all tied into what NC is saying, that they just look at the rosters and decide if a rookie could compete with the player they have... but I don't think that's a good strategy for a team with a massive injury problem every year.

Having said all of this, they make up for it every year with UDFA's. I think our UDFA's are better than most teams 3rd-4th rounders. And since they do value character so much now, we have a lot of superstars and the team seems to gel every year.

I think they could improve their drafting strategy while keeping the same level of focus on character. In that sense, I think its fair to criticize Kyle and John.

This made me immediately change my stance. Moody was the best pick since Bosa.

You should see how Command is treating Poe with his roster projections.

Shhhhhh!

I have faith one day you'll realize that other positions matter too. Might take more than 10 tho.

Haha. Coaches/GM focus on the areas for improvements to help achieve the ultimate goal.

That said, teams always need cheerleaders too.
This pick has made the forum very moody. ba-da-bing
Originally posted by Alfienator:

I may be the only guy happy when we drafted him. Hahaha I was hoping we would get him and based on our miss 8/9 times (not including last season) in the third round, I couldn't care less it's a comp pick in the third round.

Always go get the guy you believe is the best and fits the team best. It was our only real need, and he was the guy I was hoping would fill it.
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Just wait till he blasts one 50+ and they put that 'good from 65' up on the screen

NY gonna fall for those 'air yards' when he sees the leg cannon
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on May 5, 2023 at 3:33 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone