There are 179 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Even said I don't like the Moody pick but like Hoov isn't not gonna keep me up at night. Guess that's TOEING.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on May 7, 2023 at 9:27 AM ]
Statistically speaking, Moody needs to hit better than 80% to match Robbie's production the past few years. 85% or better would be great.

As far as him versus a guy like Dunn. I didn't like Dunn. While accurate, the majority of his kicks came out with a low trajectory. His leg is not as strong and his distance would be sacrificed in the NFL if he starting putting more lift on the ball. Moody was verifiably better.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Statistically speaking, Moody needs to hit better than 80% to match Robbie's production the past few years. 85% or better would be great.

As far as him versus a guy like Dunn. I didn't like Dunn. While accurate, the majority of his kicks came out with a low trajectory. His leg is not as strong and his distance would be sacrificed in the NFL if he starting putting more lift on the ball. Moody was verifiably better.

I used 80% as a rough number. His accuracy may be a little lower than Robbie's because he may be asked to try some longer kicks. That's going to reduce the accuracxy a little.
The average accuracy over the last 10 seasons has been 84.4% so anything above that would be considered good. The range is fairly narrow.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on May 7, 2023 at 10:48 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
You should never condescend to anyone about towing the company line or being wrong on anything related to football

You can't be wrong if you never put yourself out there. Too bad. I just proved you could be right in the rare case you have an independent thought. If only 9ers4eva could have an opinion/plan on the neglect on the secondary, we'd actually have something to talk about.

Sorry,I try to not to take myself too seriously and be a know it all. I try to be measured with my opinions and that's that.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
I literally said your first instinct was right. Just like it's highly likely it's spot on again.

See, when you think independently and don't just tow the company line, you're more often right than not.

How's that Bears Ryan Pace rebuild working out? That Khalil Mack trade is just about ready to take off.

What about it? Mack was a stud and the case study proved Pace buried that team.

Didn't you think their path was better than "brick by brick"?

100%

Getting Mack is always better than Ford esp. given when we needed him most. But that was never my angle. Not trying for him was.

OMG John why didn't you sign earl Thomas ?!!
Same crap. What's been your plan to do that the last 7 off seasons? Not a peep...just, "We should prioritize the secondary more." No s**t? You don't say? Instead you're too busy towing the company line. It's an opinion forum. Have one. LOL

My opinion is everything you want to do is wrong.

Better?

Pretty solid opinion to have.
Pretty solid opinion to have.

Results speak for themselves
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I used 80% as a rough number. His accuracy may be a little lower than Robbie's because he may be asked to try some longer kicks. That's going to reduce the accuracxy a little.
The average accuracy over the last 10 seasons has been 84.4% so anything above that would be considered good. The range is fairly narrow.

For sure and I think that's something we need to give a little consideration to, that he'll be asked to make more long kicks than Robbie was, potentially.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

For sure and I think that's something we need to give a little consideration to, that he'll be asked to make more long kicks than Robbie was, potentially.

I'd like to see him not even have to try a FG. Let's just score TDs and then he just needs to kick extra points.
Same crap. What's been your plan to do that the last 7 off seasons? Not a peep...just, "We should prioritize the secondary more." No s**t? You don't say? Instead you're too busy towing the company line. It's an opinion forum. Have one. LOL

My opinion is everything you want to do is wrong.

Better?

I mean, if you like being the bridesmaid, that's cool. I'm still trying to win #6 over here. Hopefully year 7 will bring that. I'm sure whatever plan the FO did was 100% your plan as well.

You should never condescend to anyone about towing the company line or being wrong on anything related to football

You can't be wrong if you never put yourself out there. Too bad. I just proved you could be right in the rare case you have an independent thought. If only 9ers4eva could have an opinion/plan on the neglect on the secondary, we'd actually have something to talk about.

Sorry,I try to not to take myself too seriously and be a know it all. I try to be measured with my opinions and that's that.

You don't have any opinions expect on what others have. That's weak sauce. Think independently! Have an original take. Put yourself out there.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 7, 2023 at 2:20 PM ]

You don't have any opinions expect on what others have. That's weak sauce. Think independently! Have an original take. Put yourself out there.

I don't have opinions huh? Listen this is your problem. You concoct these theories that you've convinced yourself are fact and present them as such. Then when folks challenge you or don't agree with it you get super pissy and condescending and start throwing out homer, towing the company line, etc. it gets old . Gotta check that ego sometimes

I don't have opinions huh? Listen this is your problem. You concoct these theories that you've convinced yourself are fact and present them as such. Then when folks challenge you or don't agree with it you get super pissy and condescending and start throwing out homer, towing the company line, etc. it gets old . Gotta check that ego sometimes

Show me one opinion. It's not a big deal. I just find it funny that's all you and 9ers4eva do is criticize other's opinions while having none of your own independently. Seems kind of weird. But to each his own.

Show me one opinion. It's not a big deal. I just find it funny that's all you and 9ers4eva do is criticize other's opinions while having none of your own independently. Seems kind of weird. But to each his own.

Keep b******tting NC. But we all know that's what you do best 🤣
Buwahahahahaha. Needs to be a generational talent for what is essentially a fourth round pick. Solomon should have been a generational talent. Even Foster should have been a generational talent since we were depraved of talent. But a 4th rounder? Even Trey needs to be, but a 4th rounder? Ridiculous.

If Moody at the end of his contract is reupped, then it was a good pick.
If he helps improve the special team KO coverage he was a good pick
If he doesn't miss three PAT kicks in game was a good pick
If he matches Gould in accuracy for under 40 he was a good pick
If he makes 50 % or more of 50+ FG he was a good pick.
If he makes the Pro or All Pro- he was a good pick
etc. etc. I didn't say great pick, good and necessary pick for a 4th rounder.

He will have surpassed Solomon Thomas, Foster, Pettis, Sermon, Kinlaw, Witherspoon, Bethard, Tyrion (?) etc. Joe Williams.

You can take a chance on UDFA and FA when you are a middling or rebuilding team. When you are an NFCC and SB contending team, you need to minimize your chances of getting a bad one and the need to flip flop with your kickers.

Time will tell.
Share 49ersWebzone