There are 180 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Haha, DL's been way behind my OL takes but he put the work in and got it.

Why? Have you seen our 3rd round track record? Do you think they got the right value for Wishnowsky in the end last time we did this? Giving them the benefit of the doubt IS towing the company line. That's my point.

Then it's a terrible point. Bill Walsh did dumb things too.

Haha. True. He actually wasn't the best at being a GM.

He did hire Paraag though.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Haha, DL's been way behind my OL takes but he put the work in and got it.

Why? Have you seen our 3rd round track record? Do you think they got the right value for Wishnowsky in the end last time we did this? Giving them the benefit of the doubt IS towing the company line. That's my point.

Then it's a terrible point. Bill Walsh did dumb things too.

Haha. True. He actually wasn't the best at being a GM.

He did hire Paraag though.

Haha. Was that him or Terry Donahue? I thought BW was not happy at all with that signing.
There you have it folks.

Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
they call him Money Moody

now we got Dirty and Money

Dirty Purdy & Mad Leg Moody are going to be out there doing work!

If BCB is doing his thing, Moody will be getting antsy on the bench.

he won't have a prob booting those extra points just keep that thing on the broadcast that says 'good from 65'

If we are scoring touchdowns - then he can be kicking touchbacks to keep his leg warm 😏.

im super excited about that aspect. He had really good hangtime on his kicks and a majority of his kickoffs are touchbacks.

You don't even need solid coverage ST players if he can just kick it out each time. Save those positions for better skill positions. Less injuries. More flexibility on the 46.

Exactly, it opens up a ton of flexibility with the construction of the roster. It's really important and something we haven't had for six years.
Exactly, it opens up a ton of flexibility with the construction of the roster. It's really important and something we haven't had for six years.

Moodys leg won't change anything. They want the short kickoffs in hopes of pining teams inside the 25.

Moodys leg won't change anything. They want the short kickoffs in hopes of pining teams inside the 25.

Depends on the situation but I think the team would prefer kickbacks a majority of the time. I think the team would prefer that the team doesn't have an opportunity to score or get great field position. Trying to pin them in the 25 Everytime is playing with fire and being greedy, will bite you eventually and increases injuries

ideally, he kicks it to the front of the endzone with great hangtime so we can pin them within the 25, which moody has great hangtime on his kickoffs. So that's possible too.

Couple those two things with all the speed we drafted and pro bowlers we currently have - we can have a top 5 special teams. Moody just needs to make kick attempts. Lol
[ Edited by tankle104 on May 8, 2023 at 7:45 PM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
There you have it folks.

I can also count on a commercial break during 49ers draft picks.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
There you have it folks.

I haven't watched regular tv for well over 10 years - just streaming services like Netflix etc, unless it's a sporting event. Commercials drive me crazy. Eat up so much time. A 30 minute show is really only 17-18 minutes. I literally can't sit through them. Lmao I'd rather just not watch tv. When I have to travel for work, I just don't turn the TVs on in the hotels - I'd rather just listen to YouTube on my phone. Hahaha

Only thing I really sit through with commercials are 49ers games. Lol to make matters worse, 95% of commercials are just dumb and/or boring.
[ Edited by tankle104 on May 8, 2023 at 9:58 PM ]
There you have it folks.

I haven't watched regular tv for well over 10 years - just streaming services like Netflix etc, unless it's a sporting event. Commercials drive me crazy. Eat up so much time. A 30 minute show is really only 17-18 minutes. I literally can't sit through them. Lmao I'd rather just not watch tv. When I have to travel for work, I just don't turn the TVs on in the hotels - I'd rather just listen to YouTube on my phone. Hahaha

Only thing I really sit through with commercials are 49ers games. Lol to make matters worse, 95% of commercials are just dumb and/or boring.

You Tube has tons of ads, to the point where I use it a lot less.

Death, taxes & Moody huh? Hope he lives up to this hype while on the 9ers lol.

When he gets fgs..should one celebrate drinking these?

https://www.moodyales.com/collections/core-range/core
There you have it folks.

Bwahaha. Nailed it.

Fair point. I know the kick to the goal line and 1 was on purpose so let's see how Schneider plays it now esp. with our defense. Why risk saving the extra 5 yards or so?

Those kicks may have been part necessity as well. We'll see.

Not true. There were situations in late game where a touchback would have been most appropriate, but Gould couldn't get it there. Also, it would seem that kicking it to pin them would still benefit from a bigger leg with more hang time.
Originally posted by Montana:
There you have it folks.

You Tube has tons of ads, to the point where I use it a lot less.

Death, taxes & Moody huh? Hope he lives up to this hype while on the 9ers lol.

When he gets fgs..should one celebrate drinking these?

https://www.moodyales.com/collections/core-range/core

I have ad blocker - so I don't see any of them on YouTube.
Originally posted by Chance:
Not true. There were situations in late game where a touchback would have been most appropriate, but Gould couldn't get it there. Also, it would seem that kicking it to pin them would still benefit from a bigger leg with more hang time.

Gould could get it there.i saw him kick touchbacks when he wanted to. I'd say just about every kicker can.

Watch the difference in techniques when Gould or Wish didn't make it there vs when they did. By and large it was by design.
Originally posted by Chance:

Gould could get it there.i saw him kick touchbacks when he wanted to. I'd say just about every kicker can.

Watch the difference in techniques when Gould or Wish didn't make it there vs when they did. By and large it was by design.

Agreed. They coach our kickers not to kick it out of the endzone. More returns lead to more possible fumbles is the reasoning,
Share 49ersWebzone