There are 126 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JTB1974:
We have 1 edge rusher that we can currently count on.

What 3rd round edge rusher will make this team?
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
We could grab him with our first 3rd round pick which is a comp pick. If he is a great kicker, we don't have one of those on the roster right now.

Glorydayz the prophet

Thank you sir!
Originally posted by Waterbear:
It makes no sense… drafting a kicker in the 3rd round is one thing, but to draft one when you know you pick again in two spots and the only team in between you is the Raiders will an all pro kicker…. what if the Raiders drafted Latu or whoever we wanted?

Absolutely horrible

What if someone else traded into the Raiders spot?
This is the best pick of the 49ers draft. It's who we had to have if we aren't signing Gould anymore. He has a big leg, is accurate and clutch too. I hope he plays well for us as a rookie. We have a young guy with a big leg at a big need position. I just hope he doesn't get rookie nerves.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
It makes no sense… drafting a kicker in the 3rd round is one thing, but to draft one when you know you pick again in two spots and the only team in between you is the Raiders will an all pro kicker…. what if the Raiders drafted Latu or whoever we wanted?

Absolutely horrible

Not even Al Davis would trade up for a kicker.
Originally posted by evil:

While likely tongue in cheek, it is a valid point.
If you have 3 TEs, 5 OLs, 2 WRs, and 4 DL you like, but WANT this player who hands down is the best in the draft.

Well go for it.

Because why 99 not 101.
[ Edited by jdt84_2 on Apr 28, 2023 at 8:36 PM ]
that 59 yarder looks like it's good from 67
Don't mind the player. I figured Lynch would target him but it seems rather early for a kicker even if he's considered an elite prospect. Either way he'll be a major contributer so it's hard to be too mad about it. The Latu pick on the other hand.
I all of a sudden miss the days of Kyle drafting RB's in the 3rd RD.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
They filled a need, so its not that bad. Still better than taking another bust running back or a receiver that won't have any impact

Agree, like when they drafted the punter. They need a kicker he is the best in the draft and kicks kick offs to touchbacks. I have zero problem with the first three picks.

I hope they prove me wrong but I hated both our 2nd 3rd round picks. I don't dislike either player but I felt like both were over drafted by a round if not 2.

I feel like the TE run caused us to panic and we simply can't find the right value for special teams. Just hope Moody is a better kicker than Wish is a punter.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Don't mind the player. I figured Lynch would target him but it seems rather early for a kicker even if he's considered an elite prospect. Either way he'll be a major contributer so it's hard to be too mad about it. The Latu pick on the other hand.

Latu's great, he was a standout on a tremendous team, i can't imagine what it takes to even get into Bama let alone be a standout guy for them, every recruit in the nation wants to play at Bama
FML
Originally posted by NinerG94:

This is a good pick. Latu I don't like very much.
Share 49ersWebzone