There are 141 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Whats he up to nowadays?

Now, Shanahan has to do exactly what he doesn't like to do. Be a head coach, and worry about the defense. He is best when all he has to do is think about the offense.

I think he should fire Wilks during the bye week. Send a message to the whole team, but this is unacceptable.

Too many man blitz's, cover zero Blitz's. Guys running wide-open or beating man coverage and now the D line looks like a regular group at this point. Only took five games for the NFL to catch up to this defense.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
If only we could have Kocurek take over and use last years playbook and philosophy. Or anyone else. John lynch?

Nred take kocurek for defensive coordinator please. No more for Steve Wilks as defensive coordinator! 🤢👎
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Nred take kocurek for defensive coordinator please. No more for Steve Wilks as defensive coordinator! 🤢👎

He doesn't want it.
Originally posted by Wrathman:
I can't believe they picked this guy over Fangio.

What a huge mistake that ended up being. I think the reasoning was they wanted to keep the basic scheme the same. That seems to be pretty pointless is the guy calling the plays and putting the plan together just completely sucks.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by linkboy:
They just have to correct this bad hire, before it is too late.

This (although it might be to late).

• Jacksonville
  • vs Tampa Bay
  • @ Seattle
  • @ Philadelphia
  • vs Seattle
  • @ Arizona
  • vs Baltimore
  • @ Washington
  • vs Los Angeles Rams

This is our schedule after the bye.

That stretch from Jacksonville to the second Seattle game can tank this season if they don't get things turned around ASAP.

I expect at least 4 L's after the bye.
Guys an idiot. Case and point every time we had a turnover the Bengals took a shot and completed a huge completion.

It's like textbook that teams do this but we did nothing to stop the first play big shot after completion.

It's high school basic stuff that wilks does not know. Just like the blitz at the end of the half last week.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran

I thought fangio chose Miami. At least their offense is clicking
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Koldo:

• Jacksonville
  • vs Tampa Bay
  • @ Seattle
  • @ Philadelphia
  • vs Seattle
  • @ Arizona
  • vs Baltimore
  • @ Washington
  • vs Los Angeles Rams

That stretch from Jacksonville to the second Seattle game can tank this season if they don't get things turned around ASAP.

Gonna be more than that unless our offense can start.scoring 30+ points again
It is disgustingly obvious that other teams have easily figured out wilks's tendencies and coaching. No way hufuanga (where is he?), ward (maybe his heel is really messed up), bosa, hargrave, greenlaw and I'll even say lenoir have just disappeared and become crappy player. Demo is the worst on that list but we should see him consistently being picked on… we aren't. My gut says wilks gives away all his defensive play calls and the coordinators know exactly how to beat the scheme.

this was painfully obvious when Cincy blitzed our run lanes like they were reading our play calls and calling the perfect counter. It is the opposite for us. Offenses know exactly how to pick us apart and wilks has zero idea how to attack weaknesses, hide our calls, call the perfect blitz or know exactly when a screen is being called.

why is huff not roaming the middle? Why aren't we mixing up line up with 3 safeties, 4 corners, 3 linemen, overloading sides, stunts, etc?

He doesn't want it.

Some people are content with where they are in their profession, and I respect that.

• Jacksonville
  • vs Tampa Bay
  • @ Seattle
  • @ Philadelphia
  • vs Seattle
  • @ Arizona
  • vs Baltimore
  • @ Washington
  • vs Los Angeles Rams

The way we are playing there is maybe one win in there, 2 if we are lucky.

6-11 or 7-10

Either way this season is lost.
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:

What a huge mistake that ended up being. I think the reasoning was they wanted to keep the basic scheme the same. That seems to be pretty pointless is the guy calling the plays and putting the plan together just completely sucks.

Fangio ain't working for Jed after what happened with Harbs.

• Jacksonville
  • vs Tampa Bay
  • @ Seattle
  • @ Philadelphia
  • vs Seattle
  • @ Arizona
  • vs Baltimore
  • @ Washington
  • vs Los Angeles Rams

Those are gonna be some tough losses If Kyle doesn't fire this guy
Share 49ersWebzone