There are 130 users in the forums

If you had to trade someone, who would you trade?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If you had to trade someone, who would you trade?

I ask because with so much talent, we're not going to be able to afford everyone under the cap, unless someone agrees to play for cheap. And doubt that happens since it's a brutal game and anyone could end their career with an ugly injury at anytime.

My choice would probably be a WR or RB since our system seems to be user friendly for those position. As much as it pains me, id trade Deebo.

who would you trade?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Trey and Kinlaw.
Deebo
Anyone ticking Bosa or CMC gonna get banned.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
you'll find your answer here

though you do have more choices
[ Edited by krizay on Mar 17, 2023 at 6:17 AM ]
Deebo.
Deebo.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Why would anyone want to trade Deebo? He's young, dynamic and on a team friendly contract.
I don't want to trade any of those guys. However IF I had to trade one then I think you have to think about 3 things

1. Who can I replace easier or still produce without
2. Who can get you the most value
3. Who can save you the most cap space

When you take all those things into consideration to me the answer is easily Deebo. Love the guy, love the talent and I think we'll get Deebo closer to 2021 this season than the guy we saw last year but he's the answer.
  • thl408
I picked Bosa because he'd net the most in return and I don't think I'd make a good GM.

• krizay
  • Veteran
lets take a looks see.

Deebo- one year too late on this one. Trading now would cost us nearly 20 mil dead cap. So this is a no go.

Aiyuk- financially would make sense. Seeing how we're going to have to pay him here shortly. However, To me he's the best WR on our team. If Trey is our QB he and BA have a good connection. For me, a no go.

Bosa-

Kittle- financially, you'd save 2.3 but he's the hurt and soul of the offense IMO. Plus if Purdy is the QB, their connection seems to be through the roof.

CMC- Financially, this would most likely be the move to do. Especially considering the nagging injuries he's been having recently. He may be just as important as Kittle. which is why I wouldn't trade him. But I wouldn't extend him either. Ride him til the wheels fall off. Under contract next 3 seasons can get out of it at any time.

Trent- Financially you'd save 4.7 but we don't even have a RT so this would make no sense

Trey- Financially you'd be taking a 1.7 cap hit. If brock wasn't hurt, this would be a no brainer. Given Brock's situation, it muddies up the waters some. If we don't think he's our guy going forward then trading him would be the way to go. Since I don't personally think he will be, my choice would be Trey. Contingent on me being able to draft Stetson Bennett or some outside chance of Hendon Hooker.
Other Ambry Thomas for a decent enchilada recipe
Originally posted by mayo49:
Why would anyone want to trade Deebo? He's young, dynamic and on a team friendly contract.

We shouldnt be paying WR money for a RB. His WR numbers are weak except for 2021.......he shows up over weight multiple times to camp and cant get separation unless its at the line of scrimmage.

Dont get me wrong, I love his physical play but if we are deciding which stars to keep he is out in my opionion. Teams will over pay for him and Ayiuk is a solid WR.
If we have to trade anybody from that list then the Hargrave deal was a mistake. I sincerely hope we can get under the cap and keep the gang together. Our window is now!
Originally posted by joeknows:
If we have to trade anybody from that list then the Hargrave deal was a mistake. I sincerely hope we can get under the cap and keep the gang together. Our window is now!

Yup.
Share 49ersWebzone