There are 100 users in the forums

Ji'Ayir "Tig" Brown-S-Penn State, 3rd round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Trade up. They retain their other 3rds.

Nice pick up for Wilks & the defense
Bust

(J/k)
According to PFF

Brown has been making plays ever since he took over as a starter for the Nittany Lions in 2021. Over the past two seasons, he has 10 picks and four pass breakups. He's proven to be exceedingly versatile, playing 510 snaps in the box, 682 deep and 259 from the slot for his career. That snap breakdown is precisely what most safeties at the next level will be asked to do.

He's very solidly built for the position and loves to lay the boom. He can get a little wild as a tackler, although when he does catch a ball carrier cleanly, they stop in their tracks. That recklessness shows up a bit too often in coverage, but if that can be coached out of him, a drafting team is getting a heck of a player.
Great pick!! Looking forward to seeing him out there. Value, ability, and a guy that will fit right in.
I wanted this guy so bad! He's had 13 turnovers in the last 26 games, that is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous! Him and Hufanga are going to make a lethal combo even though they are not the fastest safeties they make up for it with instincts and turnovers which are so much more important than speed
Nice pick, didn't cost all our 3rds.
Typical Lynch drafting a bust in a position we don't need.

Originally posted by 9erReign:
K

Originally posted by elguapo:
I wanted this guy so bad! He's had 13 turnovers in the last 26 games, that is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous! Him and Hufanga are going to make a lethal combo even though they are not the fastest safeties they make up for it with instincts and turnovers which are so much more important than speed

The talking heads rave about his character and work ethic. Looks like he can catch and I guess Wilks wants our safeties to get after qb's this season, which he does well.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
K

Lol I have whomever you just responded to blocked. Can't even read what they said.

Thanks for reminding me why with just one letter
Share 49ersWebzone