LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 136 users in the forums

Ji'Ayir "Tig" Brown-S-Penn State, 3rd round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WildBill:
Just have him train with TH and his cousin. Plus Wilks forte is the secondary.

With the exception of Moody, most of the picks are depth with an eye to the future.

I agree. I think brown was drafted to replace Gipson next year and moody to be our longtime kicker. MAYBE Latu if we start games with a 2 tight end set, but the rest I think were drafted with the expectation of them being really good role players/depth with hope they develop into starters one day.

Outside of being role players/depth - they'll be awesome special teams players. Lol especially the speed of someone like winters, bell, Graham.

I doubt bell and winter make the final roster though.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I agree. I think brown was drafted to replace Gipson next year and moody to be our longtime kicker. MAYBE Latu if we start games with a 2 tight end set, but the rest I think were drafted with the expectation of them being really good role players/depth with hope they develop into starters one day.

Outside of being role players/depth - they'll be awesome special teams players. Lol especially the speed of someone like winters, bell, Graham.

What?! I'd bet money that Winters makes it. In fact, I think he has a chance of being the starting SAM this season in a competition with Mcrary Ball, shoot even Graham could take that role. Will be fun to watch cause all three has tons of potential
Originally posted by 49ers808:

What?! I'd bet money that Winters makes it. In fact, I think he has a chance of being the starting SAM this season in a competition with Mcrary Ball, shoot even Graham could take that role. Will be fun to watch cause all three has tons of potential

LMAO!!! My bad. I started thinking about winter and accidentally typed his name. I meant grahman and bell don't make the roster.

i literally started thinking about how awesome winters speed is and how it'll be a awesome to watch - and I typed his name.hahaha

youre right though. I forgot Graham could fill that role too. So it's between McCray, Graham, and winters to replace al shaair. Interesting. It'll be fun to watch
[ Edited by tankle104 on May 4, 2023 at 6:22 PM ]

Maybe, but I wouldn't count out veterans Demitrius and Oren. They usually take the third linebacker and will replace them with a CB or Safety.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Maybe, but I wouldn't count out veterans Demitrius and Oren. They usually take the third linebacker and will replace them with a CB or Safety.
What's your thought on how it'll be filled? I know it's hard to guess until we see those guys play but it's an important role.

i think we use some unique packages where winters blitz because he's ridiculously fast for the position.

Agree, I think Winters is our starting SAM come week 1. I think Moody is obviously our day 1 starting K. Brown I think will rotate in during the year when getting a handful of snaps a game like with what we did with Hufunga his rookie year even with Ward/Tartt starting. It's possible Brown moves into the starting FS role by mid/end of year. And Winters will be a 2 down player taking over the Aziz spot. With his speed and instincts I think he's ready to take that spot as a rookie. Ideally Latu and Willis would be our TE2 and 3 but TE is such a hard position for rookies to make year 1 impacts but I'm hopeful atleast 1 of those guys can be our TE2 and I'm leaning toward Willis being that guy.

Luter, Beal, Bell, Graham are all 1-2 year developmental guys imo. Moody, Brown, Winters will be rookie impact players year 1 by end of the season
Originally posted by Luckycharms:

Agree, I think Winters is our starting SAM come week 1. I think Moody is obviously our day 1 starting K. Brown I think will rotate in during the year when getting a handful of snaps a game like with what we did with Hufunga his rookie year even with Ward/Tartt starting. It's possible Brown moves into the starting FS role by mid/end of year. And Winters will be a 2 down player taking over the Aziz spot. With his speed and instincts I think he's ready to take that spot as a rookie. Ideally Latu and Willis would be our TE2 and 3 but TE is such a hard position for rookies to make year 1 impacts but I'm hopeful atleast 1 of those guys can be our TE2 and I'm leaning toward Willis being that guy.

Luter, Beal, Bell, Graham are all 1-2 year developmental guys imo. Moody, Brown, Winters will be rookie impact players year 1 by end of the season

Ah I forgot about Luter too. Haha I actually think he is going to end up starting this year, I really like the way he plays. If lemmonoire struggles, he will get in. I think Luter will push him In camp and force the team to make a tough decision.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I agree, Winters definitely makes it. By the looks of his highlights, he's exactly the type of LB Wilks wants, good blitzing LB.
Brown rockin #27
Brown rockin #27

Only problem with that is what number will Dontae Johnson wear then?

Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Brown rockin #27

Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Brown rockin #27

Oh snap lol
I knew this dude was gonna be a gold helmet guy for SF

[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 9, 2023 at 11:19 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I knew this dude was gonna be a gold helmet guy for SF

Nice. I wonder if this concept of the 'golden helmet' came about from the Reuben Foster fiasco. Film don't lie, but it doesn't reveal a player's character.
Share 49ersWebzone