LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 136 users in the forums

Ji'Ayir "Tig" Brown-S-Penn State, 3rd round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Nice. I wonder if this concept of the 'golden helmet' came about from the Reuben Foster fiasco. Film don't lie, but it doesn't reveal a player's character.

we are looking for the anti Fosters lol
as a mod; perhaps you can add gold font to the golden helmet threads or some golden helmet decal
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I knew this dude was gonna be a gold helmet guy for SF

Nice. I wonder if this concept of the 'golden helmet' came about from the Reuben Foster fiasco. Film don't lie, but it doesn't reveal a player's character.

Yeah I'm guessing they did. Other teams have something similar. Colts do the same thing.

Yeah I'm guessing they did. Other teams have something similar. Colts do the same thing.

That's three players I know of that got the golden helmet. McKivitz, Hufanga and Brown.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

That's three players I know of that got the golden helmet. McKivitz, Hufanga and Brown.

And Trey Lance.

Colts had their designation on Trey Lance too 😎

Lance did as well
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Colts had their designation on Trey Lance too 😎

Yup

Lance did as well

Well I'd hope all our first rounders had that designation. Adam Peters said 15-20 prospects get one every draft.
Well I'd hope all our first rounders had that designation. Adam Peters said 15-20 prospects get one every draft.

They didn't. BA and Kinlaw didn't. McG didn't.

They didn't. BA and Kinlaw didn't. McG didn't.

NY85 did. He's a gold helmet kind of dude!

Why cuz I said it back on page 3?

I imagine the concept has more value the further players fall in the draft. Since it peeks beyond talent into intangibles it's more likely to reveal true value later in the process.
Heard he looked and sounded great today. From Grants good and not so good first day of rookie mini camp. So take for what it's worth

"Built like a third-year pro. Moves around the field effortlessly with supreme confidence. Had one pass travel in his area, and was a tick late to break it up, but was in position to annihilate the wide receiver if it had been a real game."

Also Barrows who said he mainly lined up at SS opposite Taylor Hawkins. Barrows also said Brown passes the eyeball test.
[ Edited by Luckycharms on May 12, 2023 at 3:35 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone