LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 237 users in the forums

Ji'Ayir "Tig" Brown-S-Penn State, 3rd round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I love his excited smile! He is so happy to be a 9er:). He has got good mojo for sure.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Love it! I think he will be a stud for us. I can see him being a probowler next year when he takes the job full time. he just fits our scheme perfectly. It'll be awesome to have a major personality/leader as a safety. Ward was sort of like that, he was a leader, but a different kind.

Rocking that "Unc" mustache. Dude looks 40.
A friend of mine sent me this about our picks.

I love Ji'Ayir Brown. He plays a lot faster than his 40 time and has everything else you want in a safety (or any player really). Intangibles through the roof.

Latu will fit in well with us. He's a very good blocker, high football IQ, and finds pockets of space. A reliable receiver. Not a vertical threat but that's not an issue in our offense. He will be a good TE2 for us.

I actually loved the Moody pick. He's an elite kicker who solves the position cheaply for 4 years. He's extremely reliable (perfect on XP's in his career and >90% inside 40 yards). He's gotten better every year from distance too.

Brayden Willis I believe will be a ST star for us and could develop into a weapon in the passing game. Could even play FB down the road. Really versatile athlete.

Dee Winters fits our mould of undersized and quick LBs. Compares favorably to Al-Shaair. I think he will be a steal for us.

I didn't see much of Luter but he's a 5th round pick so he'll probably be a pro bowler lmao.

Ronnie Ball is one people are sleeping on. He's a very good athlete and is good after the catch. His basketball skills show up on tape. Good hands, explodes out of breaks. The suddenness is a big plus in our offense. He's a good return guy as well. I think he's an NFL WR3 with WR2 upside. Should never have fallen that far.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
That's three players I know of that got the golden helmet. McKivitz, Hufanga and Brown.

Lance did as well

I don't think anyone has ever accused Trey of being anything but a high character guy. Have they? It's pretty obvious once you hear him speak that he's a great kid.

On this kid though, I'm seeing conflicting reports. Krueger and Scott McCloughan were saying he can't be anything but an in-the-box safety, and Brown himself says he's best at single high, and I think Crocker said that's his spot too. You know enough about him to have an opinion on that?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
That's three players I know of that got the golden helmet. McKivitz, Hufanga and Brown.

Lance did as well

I don't think anyone has ever accused Trey of being anything but a high character guy. Have they? It's pretty obvious once you hear him speak that he's a great kid.

On this kid though, I'm seeing conflicting reports. Krueger and Scott McCloughan were saying he can't be anything but an in-the-box safety, and Brown himself says he's best at single high, and I think Crocker said that's his spot too. You know enough about him to have an opinion on that?

I'll take Crocker's, & the players thoughts above all, nothing against Larry & Scott, just my preference. Eric trains athletes, he played in the NFL & AFL, he knows his stuff.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Lance did as well

I'll take Crocker's, & the players thoughts above all, nothing against Larry & Scott, just my preference. Eric trains athletes, he played in the NFL & AFL, he knows his stuff.

True, but Scott makes living being hired by teams toscout guys and and provide his feedback, he was also a pretty good GM
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Lance did as well

I agree. Scott hasn't been a decent scout for ages. He last hitched his all-in wagon to Baker Mayfield. Enough said.

PS: Go to the Wilks' thread...it doesn't sound like we'll be a predominant C3 team anyhow.

I listen to a ton of crock's stuff. I don't remember him saying his best spot is single high? Crock said he played all over the place but his weakest spot is that single high role. I'm not a fan of Krueger honestly…I'll listen to anything 49ers, but I find his takes to be bad and he tries to come off as super knowledgeable and he's not really.

IMO it's hard to truly label what he can and can't do. The DB college film is hard to find. Overall he's got a feel for finding the football. He's got that alpha mindset and good instincts. The long speed isn't there though. He will get burnt in space if he make a wrong read. His recovery speed isn't elite.

Here's crock's breakdown of Brown. I like the Diggs comp.

I listen to a ton of crock's stuff. I don't remember him saying his best spot is single high? Crock said he played all over the place but his weakest spot is that single high role. I'm not a fan of Krueger honestly…I'll listen to anything 49ers, but I find his takes to be bad and he tries to come off as super knowledgeable and he's not really.

IMO it's hard to truly label what he can and can't do. The DB college film is hard to find. Overall he's got a feel for finding the football. He's got that alpha mindset and good instincts. The long speed isn't there though. He will get burnt in space if he make a wrong read. His recovery speed isn't elite.

It looks Seattle added more slot speed. I wonder if they see this as a way to attack our slower S's.

I feel the exact same way about Krueg
Originally posted by NCommand:

It looks Seattle added more slot speed. I wonder if they see this as a way to attack our slower S's.

They went BPA I don't think they were considering going after our perceived weakness.
Originally posted by NCommand:

They went BPA I don't think they were considering going after our perceived weakness.

That's probably very true. But of course, Seattle's luck during their "retool."

I'm with you about Larry, he says things that don't make much sense too often. It seems to me after doing some digging that Brown is going to have to play really deep if they put him at single high. He seems like an ideal player for robber defenses. He does play faster than he tested though, it appears. Maybe he will be able to be a good free safety despite testing a little on the slow side.
Share 49ersWebzone