There are 176 users in the forums

Ji'Ayir "Tig" Brown-S-Penn State, 3rd round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He's an excellent find.

Made a mistake and didn't fold like an accordion.

Came back and made his presence felt.

I love it, it reminds me of the first time Varret got on the field and got burned for a touchdown, came after that, and was lights out the rest of the game

If you're talking about 2019,when Ahkello got hurt and Verrett came in and got a td on him by Mason Rudolph, Verrett came out of the game right away and was replaced by Moseley.

Verrett had four snaps that entire year.
Let's go young man !
Originally posted by frenchmov:
I don't know whatll happen but his speed really jumped off the screen to me

I had the same thought. Would be nice to hit another home run since it looks like we lost Hufanga.
His size, 5'11," 202 compares closely to Huf at 6' 200. I expect him to play well. Reports out of practice were that he looked ready if needed.
It's good he'll get some experience under his belt. We'll probably need him for the playoffs.
He was a huge ballhawk in College. He was even in the game today minus the first one where he got burned. But he has good playmaking and ball skills. I think we will be OK with him. He's actually a little faster than Hufanga too. I think we will be fine with him actually.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 19, 2023 at 5:43 PM ]
Are you guys ready for some growing pains?

Tough matchup coming up on a short week. Hopefully, he's up to the task.
Life in the nfl comes around you quick.
Got burned, but recovered and played well and got an INT! shows that he can fight through and improve!

He looks slow to me for some reason even though some have said hes faster than huf?

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Got burned, but recovered and played well and got an INT! shows that he can fight through and improve!

He looks slow to me for some reason even though some have said hes faster than huf?

his official 40 time was 4.65 which is similar to Huf
  • bud49
  • Veteran
The announcers said that when Brown gave up that big play that was his first snap on the field. It wasn't he had been in for several plays. Hufanga went out when White Juked him on the running play.
[ Edited by bud49 on Nov 19, 2023 at 6:28 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

0:27 bites on the play action, man quickly gets behind him
1:30 terrible tackling angle
1:40 HORRIFIC angle playing the ball
2:00 bites and lets his man get behind him AGAIN
2:25 burned AGAIN
2:53 another bad wide angle allows the receiver to the 1st down marker
3:00 gets absolutely embarrassed, stiff-armed into the turf which leads to the runner scoring a TD
3:13 has no clue where the ball is and runs the opposite direction of the play
3:50 missed tackle

Originally posted page 7. Will not hide, if he turns out to be a stud, I will 100% own up to being wrong, as always.

I really, really hope he proves to be the total opposite of what I'm worried about.

He's got talent all around him supporting him, a great veteran leader next to him in Gipson, and Wilks is supposed to be the DB whisperer, so he should have everything in his favor to succeed.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 19, 2023 at 6:37 PM ]

He's a little faster than Hufanga in timed speed. He may be a little better in coverage. Sometimes Hufanga gets burned on long speed deep. But Hufanga at times can tackle like a linebacker. So I doubt we get that much in the run game from Brown and we will miss that. Mostly it's inexperience I'm worried about and lack of reps. But he was a ballhawk at Penn State and is a natural at making big plays. He has enough timed speed although not blazing. He is faster than Hufanga. I think we will be fine. There is enough good parts on this team to plug in Brown and be OK I think.
Share 49ersWebzone