There are 234 users in the forums

Ji'Ayir "Tig" Brown-S-Penn State, 3rd round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
They both have 4.6 speed which is slow. Brown ran a 4.65 and Huf a 4.64.

I hope Brown will be fine but contrary to the other poster, I think he looked slow out there. Obviously it was his first real reps so can't be too critical. His body type to me looks more like Isaiah Oliver or Myles Hartsfield which is concerning to me.

I expect the team to sign Tarvarius Moore (who worked out last month for the 49ers) or bring back the aforementioned Hartsfield.

I prefer T. Moore due to his speed and familiarity with the defense.

Moore has no familiarity with Wilkes defense.

Just move Oliver to safety.

Interesting that wilks trusted brown to cover Mike Evans more than Isiah Oliver when he sent that blitz
Originally posted by kujon11:

I hope Brown will be fine but contrary to the other poster, I think he looked slow out there. Obviously it was his first real reps so can't be too critical. His body type to me looks more like Isaiah Oliver or Myles Hartsfield which is concerning to me.

I expect the team to sign Tarvarius Moore (who worked out last month for the 49ers) or bring back the aforementioned Hartsfield.

Interesting that wilks trusted brown to cover Mike Evans more than Isiah Oliver when he sent that blitz

That's more of a scheme thing. That slot cb blitz is obviously Wilks favorite blitz and he trusted that to be more effective than a safety blitz

The D isn't that different and he knows all the position coaches and personnel.

Either way we need another S at this point and they should go for a speedier/rangier one.
who know who I trust in evaluating safeties?
John Lynch
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
John Lynch

Same here.
John Lynch

True dat. The Adam Peters fanboys will be coming for you though.
I wonder, if Huf isn't back to begin the season, or won't be, do we convince Gipson to come back for 1 more year? Especially if we don't win it all. Or even if we do win it all. Not sure the recovery length for Hufanga, but also wonder who's brought in to replace Huf on the roster.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I wonder, if Huf isn't back to begin the season, or won't be, do we convince Gipson to come back for 1 more year? Especially if we don't win it all. Or even if we do win it all. Not sure the recovery length for Hufanga, but also wonder who's brought in to replace Huf on the roster.

Gipson has been amazing. That being said I'd love to get some serious speed back there if he doesn't come back.
At the 15:00 mark Baldy talks about Ji'Ayir Brown.

John Lynch

then explain T-Moore?

Brown ran 4.58. Hufanga is 4.64. Brown is faster. Both are instinctive ball hawks. That's from the wiki pages. They posted their workout numbers as they always do if available.

No it's not actually that slow at Safety. Lots of guys in the league at that speed. But Hufanga is a little slower. You would want to be 4.5's something at least. With the instincts Hufanga can do it. This guy also has instincts and is a little faster. Of course faster is better but Safety isn't always the fastest guy in the secondary if you look across the league. You want somebody with good instincts and good tackling.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 21, 2023 at 10:43 AM ]
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
John Lynch

then explain T-Moore?

even Jordan didn't hit all his shots

look at Gip, Huf, Brown, and look at the investment, that's off the scrap heap, late round, and day 2
Huf was All Pro, Gip I really enjoy having him on this squad
Originally posted by NYniner85:

"They got the right guy!" Penn State coach
the next great safety after 1 game? gotta love the internet
Share 49ersWebzone