There are 148 users in the forums

Ji'Ayir "Tig" Brown-S-Penn State, 3rd round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He got juked out of his pants by the SEA RB in the flat (first drive of 2nd half). Hope that isn't a glimpse of his open field tackling.

Oh yeah that was an issue for him in college too. Not the most reliable open field tackler.

Okay. Something to keep an eye on I guess. This was an issue I had with Tavarius Moore.

His angles were awful, there was that stretch of games back in 2019 where the D was absolutely dominating and the only TDs that were given up were massive 75+ yarders due to his poor angles
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by titan:
Tig Is an intense player. When he gets comfortable with our defense he will be faster and could be another enforcer for us. He has a little Greenlaw when I see him play 💪🏽

Very nice to hear that example. A real enforcer in the secondary like Dashon Goldson or Donte Whitner who can make plays on the ball would be nice

Neither of those guys could play in today's NFL. They'd be getting tossed for headhunting in every game.
He got juked out of his pants by the SEA RB in the flat (first drive of 2nd half). Hope that isn't a glimpse of his open field tackling.

Is there a time stamp? I got the condensed game pulled up and I can't find it.
  • thl408
Originally posted by TyCore:

oops. First drive of 4Q.
Originally posted by TyCore:

oops. First drive of 4Q.

There it is.

All I can say is...the process won't be pain free.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Tig Is an intense player. When he gets comfortable with our defense he will be faster and could be another enforcer for us. He has a little Greenlaw when I see him play 💪🏽

Very nice to hear that example. A real enforcer in the secondary like Dashon Goldson or Donte Whitner who can make plays on the ball would be nice

Neither of those guys could play in today's NFL. They'd be getting tossed for headhunting in every game.

Agreed

Agreed

so true ^^

Not to mention that neither was particularly great in coverage. That style of safety is extinct nowadays.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Not to mention that neither was particularly great in coverage. That style of safety is extinct nowadays.

I wouldn't say extinct, but phased out for offensive gains.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Tig out there ball'n. Solid coverage and tackling!

Tig is like Kyle's view of the OL. If you didn't hear about it, it was a good game. I literally forgot this guy was starting. Haha.
He got smoked a few times and had some bad missed tackles. But he keeps at it. He's a rookie - it happens - just keep playing the kid and he will improve.
I think he'll improve w/more playing time just like Ambry Thomas has
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I think he'll improve w/more playing time just like Ambry Thomas has

hope so. pulling for him.

Missing Hufs leadership back there.
i dont think he missed a single assignment
Share 49ersWebzone