There are 263 users in the forums

Ji'Ayir "Tig" Brown-S-Penn State, 3rd round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He took his lumps yesterday. He took a poor angle on a slant from AJ Brown that allowed him to get significant YAC, and I'm fairly certain he missed a tackle on the 3rd and 18 later in the game.

Like a lot of defenders, he needs to learn to wrap-up instead of just throwing his shoulder at a guy.
Dude needs to wrap up and finish tackles.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Tig is like Kyle's view of the OL. If you didn't hear about it, it was a good game. I literally forgot this guy was starting. Haha.

Agree 💯%, I suspect some of those Jalen - in the pocket for ten minutes - plays was the Eagles trying to pick on Jaiyer.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ritz126:
i dont think he missed a single assignment

Agree, and great point.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

For sure, but As Ritz126 said, I don't think he missed any assignments. DB's, nowadays are more coverage and pass knockdowns vs tackling.
Yea tackling drills all week for the rook..
Originally posted by Giedi:

For sure, but As Ritz126 said, I don't think he missed any assignments. DB's, nowadays are more coverage and pass knockdowns vs tackling.

That's like saying my kids gets all A's in school so he can come and talk crazy and do whatever he wants. f**k that. Be good at school and home. Brown can do both.

Agree, and great point.

yep coverage has been significantly better since he replaced Hufanga. I think if Gipson comes back next year or we draft another safety high, Huff is gonna need another spot on defense.

He missed that tackle on Smith for that 19 yard first down but if you look closely, he had the tackle and one of our players (forgot who) went for the tackle too and ended up hitting Brown off of Smith. I dont blame Brown for that.
If the worst thing that happens for a 3rd round rookie is he misses a tackle and takes *a* bad angle early, I'll take that outcome everytime

I mean he's had no reps like all season, which has been my biggest critique of Kyle this year.

We've had plenty of chances to get the young players reps and for whatever reason we just don't.

Another example is Mason, it seems like every time we toss him the ball he gets a first down... and he doesn't see the field.

Beal could prove to be much better than Ferrell, but we'll never know until probably next year since Kyle wants to redshirt players.

So yeah Brown didn't tackle well yesterday, but for him, he's essentially in week 2. It's not really his fault.

JiAiry need training for tackle but he is rookie well..
Considering this is like his first start, I expected him to take some lumps. Especially against AJ Brown. That guy is a freak of nature. But as a safety you gotta be better at wrapping up and finishing tackles. I think he was amped up and tried to make big hits, but those moments will come naturally. Lenoir unleashed a hit I never expected from him, and it was clean. Brown is getting coached by Wilks, he will no doubt improve, and I'm excited to see him get better. Would be kind of crazy if he ended up being better than Hufanga. Our secondary might be unstoppable. Gone are the days of Josh Norman and Brian Allen lol.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea tackling drills all week for the rook..

Gipson should join in
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Agree, and great point.

yep coverage has been significantly better since he replaced Hufanga. I think if Gipson comes back next year or we draft another safety high, Huff is gonna need another spot on defense.

He missed that tackle on Smith for that 19 yard first down but if you look closely, he had the tackle and one of our players (forgot who) went for the tackle too and ended up hitting Brown off of Smith. I dont blame Brown for that.

100% BS. Two games and he already better than a 1st team All-Pro
Frustrating that he's carried over his open field tackling issues from college. Bad angles were a problem there too. Second straight week he's shown this on tape.
Share 49ersWebzone