There are 258 users in the forums

Ji'Ayir "Tig" Brown-S-Penn State, 3rd round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Frustrating that he's carried over his open field tackling issues from college. Bad angles were a problem there too. Second straight week he's shown this on tape.

Seems like something that should be coachable.
I think the reason we got Logan Ryan is to potentially start for Brown. If you watch the all-22 Brown took some bad angles in coverage but luckily Jalen just didn't pull the trigger to make him pay. He also missed 3 huge tackles in this game and at least 1 against Seattle.

I get it that he's young and learning on the fly but he's actually the weakest link in the secondary, not our CBs.
[ Edited by Leathaface on Dec 6, 2023 at 11:48 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I think the reason we got Logan Ryan is to potentially start for Brown. If you watch the all-22 Brown took some bad angles in coverage but luckily Jalen just didn't pull the trigger to make him pay. He also missed 3 huge tackles in this game and at least 1 against Seattle.

I get it that he's young and learning on the fly but he's actually the weakest link in the secondary, not our CBs.

It's very possible. There has to be a plan B in case a rookie, being asked to become a major contributor, doesn't work out. I don't think the team was comfortable with Erik Harris, Taylor Hawkins, or Oliver as their plan B.
Originally posted by thl408:

It's very possible. There has to be a plan B in case a rookie, being asked to become a major contributor, doesn't work out. I don't think the team was comfortable with Erik Harris, Taylor Hawkins, or Oliver as their plan B.

Yea. I think the team is willing to give Brown a few more weeks to figure it out but like you said, they need a solid plan B in place.
Bro cannot be missing tackles on WRs after they catch a slant like he did with 11 Sunday.
Boy yall hard on the rookie. It's only been 2 games
Originally posted by lamontb:

I don't think anyone is saying to cut him. But he may need another off season. He's obviously very talented but we can't wait too long to make a change. We are trying to win a SB.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

I don't think anyone is saying to cut him. But he may need another off season. He's obviously very talented but we can't wait too long to make a change. We are trying to win a SB.

are you out of your mind what are you talking about?

how many deep throws have we allowed? you want to bench him because of a missed tackle on AJ Brown?

No

we got Logan thomas because we have no S depth

our S this year are
Hufanga (IR)
Gipson
Brown
Odum (IR)

that leaves 0 safteys behind our 2 starters outside moving a CB over

Brown is playing well you guys are expecting every player to play perfect every snap its unrealistic. Brown has played extremely well there has been 0 drop off after losing an All pro
Originally posted by ritz126:

how many deep throws have we allowed? you want to bench him because of a missed tackle on AJ Brown?

No. The film showed that he was out of position several times and left the TE WAO on several coverage snaps. Hurts just wasn't good enough to make us pay.

MAKE some noise ROOK !!! MAKE SOME NOISEEEE !!!!
  • thl408

No. The film showed that he was out of position several times and left the TE WAO on several coverage snaps. Hurts just wasn't good enough to make us pay.

Things that boxscores and the tv view doesn't show us.
Brown should be given the opportunity to struggle and adapt. He can start by wrapping up the ball carrier.

Brown should be given the opportunity to struggle and adapt. He can start by wrapping up the ball carrier.

I am not saying to bench him just yet. I would give him 2 more games. But you cannot go into the playoffs with busted coverages like that. The better QB's will kill us.

I am not saying to bench him just yet. I would give him 2 more games. But you cannot go into the playoffs with busted coverages like that. The better QB's will kill us.
WAO because he's clueless or the time he has to cover was too long ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

WAO because he's clueless or the time he has to cover was too long ?

Slow to react to the play from my observation. Biting hard on playaction, etc. There is a chance that he can be coached up over the next couple of weeks. I hope to see improvement against the seahawks.

For example. There was one play where he wasn't even playing in the box and he ran right at the TE and the TE ran right by him.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Dec 6, 2023 at 7:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone