There are 279 users in the forums

Ji'Ayir "Tig" Brown-S-Penn State, 3rd round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I get he was a late 3rd, so not exactly an elite prospect. But a little rough to be drafting a S that runs a 4.65 who can't tackle or cover.
[ Edited by dhp318 on Dec 6, 2023 at 7:44 PM ]
Originally posted by dhp318:
I get he was a late 3rd, so not exactly an elite prospect. But a little rough to be drafting a S that runs a 4.65 who can't tackle or cover.

Your takes are always just brimming with positivity
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Slow to react to the play from my observation. Biting hard on playaction, etc. There is a chance that he can be coached up over the next couple of weeks. I hope to see improvement against the seahawks.

For example. There was one play where he wasn't even playing in the box and he ran right at the TE and the TE ran right by him.

That was the first play of the game, he recovered. Jonnydel vid showed he played well.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I've been less than thrilled with our early draft picks the last few years even before the draft is over. All I can ask of this team is to prove me wrong - i'll be thrilled
[ Edited by dhp318 on Dec 6, 2023 at 8:53 PM ]
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Slow to react to the play from my observation. Biting hard on playaction, etc. There is a chance that he can be coached up over the next couple of weeks. I hope to see improvement against the seahawks.

For example. There was one play where he wasn't even playing in the box and he ran right at the TE and the TE ran right by him.

That was the first play of the game, he recovered. Jonnydel vid showed he played well.

That play should have been +25 for the Eagles but Hurts didn't pull the trigger. There were a few other plays where his momentum is putting him in a position to get beat by a more astute QB.

Logan Ryan isn't a slouch. He also mentioned that he had several opportunities with other teams but chose SF when they called. He wouldn't be coming back to be a backup safety and special teamer. He's gonna be starting soon.

Are you refering to Hufanga or Ji'Ayir?
Originally posted by Leathaface:
That play should have been +25 for the Eagles but Hurts didn't pull the trigger. There were a few other plays where his momentum is putting him in a position to get beat by a more astute QB.

Logan Ryan isn't a slouch. He also mentioned that he had several opportunities with other teams but chose SF when they called. He wouldn't be coming back to be a backup safety and special teamer. He's gonna be starting soon.

Its possible. I'm just saying brown didn't have some brutally bad game
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Boy yall hard on the rookie. It's only been 2 games

I don't think anyone is saying to cut him. But he may need another off season. He's obviously very talented but we can't wait too long to make a change. We are trying to win a SB.

are you out of your mind what are you talking about?

how many deep throws have we allowed? you want to bench him because of a missed tackle on AJ Brown?

No. The film showed that he was out of position several times and left the TE WAO on several coverage snaps. Hurts just wasn't good enough to make us pay.

Things that boxscores and the tv view doesn't show us.
Brown should be given the opportunity to struggle and adapt. He can start by wrapping up the ball carrier.

I am not saying to bench him just yet. I would give him 2 more games. But you cannot go into the playoffs with busted coverages like that. The better QB's will kill us.
WAO because he's clueless or the time he has to cover was too long ?

That's strange, I was told he's already better than Hufanga
Originally posted by frenchmov:

That was one example of several that I saw on JTO's breakdown of Jalen Hurts.

I also don't understand the issue with letting the rook sit. Hufanga wasn't a starter his first year. Banks wasn't a starter his first year. Both of them turned out to be very solid players for this team.
  • jed_X
  • Veteran
Just watched JT's qb school film breadown of Jalen Hurts and this guy was making so many mistakes like blown coverages miss tackles and stuff. He looked rough out there. Hopefully logan ryan is ready next week because this guy could us cost super bowl the way he was playing.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I've been less than thrilled with our early draft picks the last few years even before the draft is over. All I can ask of this team is to prove me wrong - i'll be thrilled

Judging draft picks before the draft is over! How about, seeing how the player develops, or is that being too reasonable?
Saw an article a few minutes ago saying Brown led the team in tackles against Philly. Went back to try and find it to repost but it got lost in the ethernet somewhere. I'm sure he still has a lot to learn about playing safety in the NFL, but if he led the team in tackles it would seem to indicate he isn't afraid of getting in there and mixing it up, which is at least one of the things you want out of a safety.
I am glad that we had draft JiAiry for big steal. He seem improve the tackles and good read the offense when he can tackle them for help our defense. So Hope keep him stay healthy!
Share 49ersWebzone