There are 252 users in the forums

Ji'Ayir "Tig" Brown-S-Penn State, 3rd round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Work in progress. I thought he was a good tackler in college, needs to play with a little more discipline. I actually think his ceiling is a Logan Ryan like S.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Really feel we need some serious competition for Brown next year. Never assume he gets it all cleaned up.

The one thing I'm glad about is that the team finally drafted for a pending need, not an immediate one. Pundits and fans constantly point out how stacked this team is, ignoring that there are plenty of upcoming holes on the team that are one injury away from being a desperate need. Imagine if we didn't draft Brown at all? Just draft the best talent - if they hit, they will find a way onto the field.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
How is that overly harsh? I litterally called him very talented.

if your philosophy is to not let players grow then we might as well trade all our pcks after 2nd round
Originally posted by lamontb:
Boy yall hard on the rookie. It's only been 2 games

I don't think anyone is saying to cut him. But he may need another off season. He's obviously very talented but we can't wait too long to make a change. We are trying to win a SB.

A change? To who? For what?

I think we are..2 games in? Gotta learn and fortunately we have enough games left for him to get it together before the playoffs.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Dec 8, 2023 at 8:21 AM ]
Originally posted by ritz126:
How is that overly harsh? I litterally called him very talented.

if your philosophy is to not let players grow then we might as well trade all our pcks after 2nd round

That is so extreme. We have had plenty of players that were drafted and sat much of their rookie season. Take Huf for example. I will up your extreme with one of my own. I guess your in the business of developing players rather than winning a SB.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I don't think anyone is saying to cut him. But he may need another off season. He's obviously very talented but we can't wait too long to make a change. We are trying to win a SB.

I think we are..2 games in? Gotta learn and fortunately we have enough games left for him to get it together before the playoffs.

Yes. I hope Brown does get it together over the next couple of games. If not, we just signed a veteran this week that has a lot of playoff experience.

I think he should have another 2 games to figure it out. He was massively out of position on more than a couple of plays against Philly. Luckily Hurts didn't pull the trigger. It's very damning on the All-22. He has terrible eye discipline right now.

Hopefully this gets better or he will be benched. The 49ers' staff isn't going to let a 3rd round rookie be the difference in the 1st seed let alone a playoff game.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Leathaface:

I think he should have another 2 games to figure it out. He was massively out of position on more than a couple of plays against Philly. Luckily Hurts didn't pull the trigger. It's very damning on the All-22. He has terrible eye discipline right now.

Hopefully this gets better or he will be benched. The 49ers' staff isn't going to let a 3rd round rookie be the difference in the 1st seed let alone a playoff game.

Perhaps but he is going to get another INT against the seahawks. I feel it.
I read somewhere he is number 2 for rookie safeties and number 4 for rookie DBs. I may be alone but IMO he's played pretty well. I've seen Huf miss tackles as well.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bassmanr:
I read somewhere he is number 2 for rookie safeties and number 4 for rookie DBs. I may be alone but IMO he's played pretty well. I've seen Huf miss tackles as well.

You're not alone, he's doing a great job. He has a nose for the ball and runs the alley extremely well. I think he'll be even better than Hufanga by next season.

Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by bassmanr:

You're not alone, he's doing a great job. He has a nose for the ball and runs the alley extremely well. I think he'll be even better than Hufanga by next season.

I actually believe that as well..He's faster.
We need him to get as much experience as possible good or bad before going into the playoffs. LETS GO!!!!
PAY DAY !!! PAY DAY !!!

J to have 3 INTs today !!!

GO NINERSSSS !!!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Perhaps but he is going to get another INT against the seahawks. I feel it.

You called it
what is his vertical?

I like him but on the near pick by Ward and his actual pick he looked like he jumped like me.
Share 49ersWebzone