There are 118 users in the forums

Ji'Ayir "Tig" Brown-S-Penn State, 3rd round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
HA I knew SF would love this dude
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Typical Lynch drafting a bust in a position we don't need.

Troll harder
FML
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!
  • thl408
Huf and Brown in 2024. Please be good.
stud, me like the pick
Scouting report sounds like Hufanga with maybe a bit less fluidity to his game. Need to look at the tape
My concern is he runs 4.65. But he plays better than his timed speed. He makes interceptions and is disruptive in the pass game. He can come up and make tackles around the line of scrimmage. A better player than combine guy. Which sometimes works out like Hufanga. We will see. I don't hate the pick. Just concerned about his speed but it's possible at safety in the NFL if you are instinctive.
lack of top end speed was the knock on Huf as well, but his game speed is better than his track speed
We're just hoping the pass rush closes in and gets home fast. Then let our two instinctual safeties try to get turnovers. That's the strategy. They are probably not that worried about speed anymore. The safety tandem is slow though, so I can see it burning us a few times

Wouldn't be surprised if this was one of Lynch's Gold Helmet guys
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Typical Lynch drafting a bust in a position we don't need.

How do you mean? We just lost Jimmie Ward.

Wake up and smell the coffee, 9erReign.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Scouting report sounds like Hufanga with maybe a bit less fluidity to his game. Need to look at the tape

OTC noted concerns about poor angles and issues with tackling (reckless). Gambler in coverage.
Originally posted by NCommand:
OTC noted concerns about poor angles and issues with tackling (reckless). Gambler in coverage.

Having two gamblers out there can be detrimental, but he wont start right away and he will sit under Gipson. I'm fine with the pick, although I don't think it was worth a trade-up per say.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
My concern is he runs 4.65. But he plays better than his timed speed.

We were kinda of wondering what the draft would tell us about Willis's super nickel and if the team was going to run that hybrid nickel/saftey/linebacker combo....this looks like the dude.

As far as that speed goes, heck we might not be slower on the back end. Gipson might be about the same or slower at his age.... He was a 4.6 guy coming into the league...now he is older.
[ Edited by Dshearn on Apr 28, 2023 at 9:45 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone