There are 199 users in the forums

Ji'Ayir "Tig" Brown-S-Penn State, 3rd round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Impressive. Brown could make Hufanga expendable.

Maybe, but who takes over at FS? Gipson likely retires if we win it all, or just retires as he was considering it this past offseason. I really want to see what a Brown/Hufanga safety tandem can do.

I think it depends on what contract Hufanga is looking for.

A solid safety can be very cheap. Gipson only cost 1 year at $3M. That is peanuts, but I am not sure it is easy to find another Gipson if he is to retired.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Maybe, but who takes over at FS? Gipson likely retires if we win it all, or just retires as he was considering it this past offseason. I really want to see what a Brown/Hufanga safety tandem can do.

We'll see it for at least one season (next) I'm like you AB, really want to see it, I think they can earn the title of best safety tandem in the league
Amazing game against Seattle. Made massive improvements.

The All 22 reviews I saw backed him up this week as well. I think the initial coverage concerns people had about him (myself included) are starting to be alleviated.
We just need to draft another safety late rounds as insurance in case Huff has a setback with his recovery
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Gonna hit this early. We have ourselves the Fred Warner of the secondary.

Wow.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We just need to draft another safety late rounds as insurance in case Huff has a setback with his recovery

Good call!

If Tig can keep improving we'll be in very good shape.

I also think the overall seconday's improvement is a direct reflection on Wilks.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

this guy is a straight up baddie

The fierce face of greatness

[ Edited by Montana on Dec 15, 2023 at 8:28 PM ]
Mildly concerned about his awareness?
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Mildly concerned about his awareness?

I dont know about awareness, but two TDs were on him today, and the one where he lost a player after coming down as a single high safety was pretty bad.

The Kyler passing TD was a special play so I'll cut him some slack there. The other TD is inexcusable. Your sole role as a single high safety is preventing exactly that in the run game.

Originally posted by the_dynasty:
I dont know about awareness, but two TDs were on him today, and the one where he lost a player after coming down as a single high safety was pretty bad.

The Kyler passing TD was a special play so I'll cut him some slack there. The other TD is inexcusable. Your sole role as a single high safety is preventing exactly that in the run game.

He's a rookie he is going to make mistakes. Just need to have it not snowball.
He put out some bad tape today. Teams are going to start going after him.
Originally posted by ScoutingBall:
He put out some bad tape today. Teams are going to start going after him.

Calm down. He's young. Overall he's been good. He was a huge stud at Penn State. He will be fine.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Calm down. He's young. Overall he's been good. He was a huge stud at Penn State. He will be fine.

I'm just stating the obvious. He looked terrible today. Not saying he can't overcome it but damn. Warner was pissed at him early on for a missed assignment and he had a zero effort play in run defense that gave up 40 years on the ground.
Originally posted by ScoutingBall:
I'm just stating the obvious. He looked terrible today. Not saying he can't overcome it but damn. Warner was pissed at him early on for a missed assignment and he had a zero effort play in run defense that gave up 40 years on the ground.

when you lose an all pro and a rookie comes in and we are playing well enough where the defense is playing well enough where the game is over by the 3rd Q consistently that is a huge win.

Brown has played extremely well and expecting perfect games every game by every player is a bit ridiculous. Overall for the season he has been very good
Share 49ersWebzone