There are 191 users in the forums

Ji'Ayir "Tig" Brown-S-Penn State, 3rd round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TyCore:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Brown had some decent tackles, but was late in support a couple times and then blew an assignment on that 3rd & 18. I really hope he gets better because this absolutely cannot keep happening.

The Chiefs will exploit any weakness in our secondary

Today's 49er math lesson

49ers secondary + Patrick Mahomes = Forget it
One thing I dislike which I saw on his college tape, is that instead of coming down field to make a tackle he waits in a spot for the runner to come at him so he can make a tackle. I get it that he is less likely to miss a tackle this way but it allows for runs to get extra few yards.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
One thing I dislike which I saw on his college tape, is that instead of coming down field to make a tackle he waits in a spot for the runner to come at him so he can make a tackle. I get it that he is less likely to miss a tackle this way but it allows for runs to get extra few yards.

Jimmie Ward does that all the time. If you are the last man can secure a tackle that way it is great. I know this forum doesn't like Ward, but IMO that is a strength.

If we need a last defender to make a secure tackle, I would be more comfortable with that defender being Ward than any other safeties we have in the last decade.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Jimmie Ward does that all the time. If you are the last man can secure a tackle that way it is great. I know this forum doesn't like Ward, but IMO that is a strength.

If we need a last defender to make a secure tackle, I would be more comfortable with that defender being Ward than any other safeties we have in the last decade.

I'm not talking about open field last defender tackles
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by libertyforever:

I'm not talking about open field last defender tackles

Got it. Ji'Ayir definitely needs to improve his tackling technique and decisions. But I will add that playing safety as a rookie is no easy task. He is doing a respectable job. Hufanga played but didn't really start as a rookie either.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Jan 29, 2024 at 12:35 PM ]
Pretty clean game today for Tig our future at FS!
He played really well as I expected. I can't believe they ever thought it was a good idea to keep this guy off the field.
Dude is gonna be a good safety in this league for a while. One of my favorite safeties in the draft. Great value.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dude is gonna be a good safety in this league for a while. One of my favorite safeties in the draft. Great value.

I think so, too. I love his demeanor. Dude seems to take football really serious.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I think so, too. I love his demeanor. Dude seems to take football really serious.

HUGE moment in this game. Chiefs first series in the 2nd Half and Brown gets the pick inside Chiefs' territory. Drive it down and score a TD there and it's 17-3. And you then build off of that.

Players like Brown are why we will have a chance. Going to be great watching him and Hufanga next year.
He's good but I want to see next season.

are we paring him with hufanga? Does that mean he's more the free or strong etc?

I would love to get some elite speed back there.
Brown showing all those instinct's

49ers' Ji'Ayir Brown is a Cybertruck fan but was advised against buying dream vehicle | 49ers Webzone
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Mar 14, 2024 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Brown showing all those instinct's

49ers' Ji'Ayir Brown is a Cybertruck fan but was advised against buying dream vehicle | 49ers Webzone

We all need this in our life, when I go out for lunch, $17 for a sandwich, I'm gonna get on the horn with my advisor, tell the clerk, ok this is not in the cards, right now..
He likely may only need to message Musk. Then get one new from the factory at a normal price.
Share 49ersWebzone