There are 254 users in the forums

Ji'Ayir "Tig" Brown-S-Penn State, 3rd round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Nah man you think he's a good enough player to be a trade piece to get Sauce Gardner

I remember someone thinking Sauce was trash and never make it as a CB in the league

😘
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Nah man you think he's a good enough player to be a trade piece to get Sauce Gardner

I remember someone thinking Sauce was trash and never make it as a CB in the league

😘

He is still an awkward athlete who grabs a lot. lol
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/196714-jiayir-tig-brown-s-penn-state-3rd-round-2023-draft/page7/

I'm losing my mind over here. I want to find anything to prove my instincts wrong, as everyone else including the talking heads are gushing about Brown, but my first impression watching before the draft was terrible...

Sideline pursuit angles were a major concern for me and his propensity to get caught flat-footed in coverage was the other.

Everything I warned of is exactly what we're seeing now. He can't cover, he can't tackle. He isn't even effective as a blitzer at the NFL level. He just wasn't a good prospect at all to me.

If Hufanga comes back cheap, I'd bench Brown and start Hufanga over him while drafting another safety. At least Huf has instincts and is a little more consistent. Either that or sign a replacement. Brown isn't the guy.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/196665-your-not-draft-list/

Originally posted by the_dynasty:
For each tackle for loss he does he misses like two or three. He gets to backfield and cant tackle. And then he gets faked out at least once a game. Really like the guy from character perspective but he gotta step up.

To be fair, Mustapha and Huf have been bad tacklers this year too

Maybe Im being too hard on safety play and safeties suck nowadays, I did see Jessie Bates and Justin Simmons get completely dogwalked in the game against Tampa

I just miss how consistent Jimmy "Hospital" Ward was in tackling when he played. He'd miss less tackles in a season than these safeties do in a game.

PPeople wanted interceptions. Shrugs. In all of the complaints about trading Buck and keeping Armstead, people also forget Jimmie Ward was a part of that package. We were able to keep the original number 1 for far longer. If he still can play at a high level, I'd love him back.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
For each tackle for loss he does he misses like two or three. He gets to backfield and cant tackle. And then he gets faked out at least once a game. Really like the guy from character perspective but he gotta step up.

Maybe Im being too hard on safety play and safeties suck nowadays, I did see Jessie Bates and Justin Simmons get completely dogwalked in the game against Tampa

I just miss how consistent Jimmy "Hospital" Ward was in tackling when he played. He'd miss less tackles in a season than these safeties do in a game.

PPeople wanted interceptions. Shrugs. In all of the complaints about trading Buck and keeping Armstead, people also forget Jimmie Ward was a part of that package. We were able to keep the original number 1 for far longer. If he still can play at a high level, I'd love him back.

That was a horrible trade. Buckner was my fav niner. Played for the ducks. Buckner is still playing at a high level and armstead is not. Just another Shanahan special
Originally posted by GLT49ers:

That was a horrible trade. Buckner was my fav niner. Played for the ducks. Buckner is still playing at a high level and armstead is not. Just another Shanahan special

So you missed the other parts of the post.
So you missed the other parts of the post.

Nope
We have a bunch of box safeties but we need a real coverage safety that can play single high because we don't have one of those.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
We have a bunch of box safeties but we need a real coverage safety that can play single high because we don't have one of those.

1000% this

We should've kept DeFo and let AA walk....keep Jimmy and DJ Jones.

Share 49ersWebzone