LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 162 users in the forums

Dee Winters-ILB-TCU-6th Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:

With Dre rehabbing Winters is Coming!

that is a whole lot of down hill play....you got to make the plays, but you also have to have the opportunity to play like that too. will be interesting to see how the 49ers use him
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Fred Warner: "I think Dee's probably had the best OTAs out of anybody on the team," Warner shared. "I feel like he's come along since last year. I remember he came in as a rookie, was struggling to learn the plays, and trying to get in shape, and all those little things that you got to learn as a professional."

Definitely was an issue last year reported by everyone that Dee was out of shape and looked nothing like the guy he was in college. He and Graham had a massive amount of mental lapses in the pre-season and Winters wasn't good in his limited chances during the year (Graham couldn't earn any at all). Hopefully a year here helps them both mentally and they can show off their athleticism more.

Having Winters and/or Graham have it click in year 2 would be absolutely huge for us, especially with Dre being out for early part of the season and not knowing how he'll look after the injury. Getting Fred, Winters and hopefully reinvigorated Campbell will hold down the fort.
If there's one position group the Niners have nailed consistently since Kyle has been here, it's the linebackers.
Their penchant for taking LBs who can cover has paid dividends. Sometimes I want them to draft a guy or two like Greenlaw who can lay the wood, but overall it's one positional group that I have near zero concerns with.

I prefer Graham to Winters, but coaching seems set on Graham being the MLB and Winters being the WLB and Im fine with it.
With NFL offenses turning to the run game, jumbo personnel, extra tight ends, etc to counter modern defenses, I think the next trend we're about to see from offenses will be a focus on exploiting all these of tiny stack LBs that have spread across the league.

Jim Harbaugh's return to the NFL isn't happenstance. He must be salivating at the thought of running iso right at all these 220 pound LBs.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 11, 2024 at 10:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
With NFL offenses turning to the run game, jumbo personnel, extra tight ends, etc to counter modern defenses, I think the next trend we're about to see from offenses will be a focus on exploiting all these of tiny stack LBs that have spread across the league.

Jim Harbaugh's return to the NFL isn't happenstance. He must be salivating at the thought of running iso right at all these 220 pound LBs.
On one hand, it's definitely a seesaw thing and I agree with you about Harbaugh who is gonna run the beejuice out of the ball.

But theres one thing about a heavy power running team that I think will prevent many teams trying to become one. They are notoriously less likely to come back down a few scores and requiring a passing dropback game. They almost require an elite defense and a good ST unit.

Passing teams don't have that problem. They have other problems like relying too much on the QB and having to get a good pass blocking oline, but that's one advantage theyre always gonna have. If you need a quick score and not waste time to get back in a game...

Perhaps you meant more of a formation thing, in that case theres definitely an uptick in running the ball against nickel and dime defenses, the problem is you're seeing these defenses more on second and long and third and long (although definitely see less base on first down nowadays) which means you have to have an excellent run game to keep the chains moving.
Seems to see plays before they develop. Has good speed and understands blitz lanes. Also has good tackling skills. Looks like he has some good coverage skills
[ Edited by NinerTy on Jun 12, 2024 at 8:51 AM ]
if he stays healthy, he LEADS the team in TACKLES !!
This guy seems ready to make an impact this year, arrow up.
next great model to come out of the SF LB factory
Originally posted by boast:

Really hope he gets the nod over Campbell

Originally posted by 49ers808:

Me too.
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Me too.

Me 3
According to KS he was ready to play last year. I am a bit surprised though because Greenlaw missed the game @ Cleveland and Oren Burks still got the start.

Let's hope he really is the next great LB and can replace Dre until he's back midseason.
It would be big for the team if Dee Winters turned into a player since there's no guarantee Dre Greenlaw will bounce back from the injury. Dre is also in the last year of his deal. Dee Winters has a real shot to become the starting WLB of the future. Hopefully, he keeps it up.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 25, 2024 at 10:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Leathaface:
According to KS he was ready to play last year. I am a bit surprised though because Greenlaw missed the game @ Cleveland and Oren Burks still got the start.

Let's hope he really is the next great LB and can replace Dre until he's back midseason.

Can't trust anything this guy says.
Share 49ersWebzone