There are 273 users in the forums

"Look Ma, no hands" WR Ronnie Bell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I just can't help to laugh how this organization finds studs in the 5th and beyond yet you're praying they find anything worth a damn 1-4

They fall in love with guys early and press the issue while later on they take the draft more as it comes.
Originally posted by miked1978:
I wasn't high on this dude at all but he looks legit. He reminds me of a slower Steve Smith. If Bell had good speed he'd gone a lot higher in the draft and his production numbers in college would have been a lot better.

He's faster than Jennings. My only worry with him is that he plays with the mentality of a 250lb fullback but he's like 180. He's going to have to be smarter about seeking out contact to keep him off the IR.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He's faster than Jennings. My only worry with him is that he plays with the mentality of a 250lb fullback but he's like 180. He's going to have to be smarter about seeking out contact to keep him off the IR.

Kinda like Steve Smith as Miked1978 suggested.

I didn't get the game yesterday but from what I am reading and the highlights/box score he showed out again. I actually came here to see if you guys thought he had a chance to be the #4 passing Danny Gray on the depth chart. Sounds like Danny may have been injured? He may be the #4 by default now with Ray Ray and Danny both hurt.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Looking good. Definitely has earned a spot

Yes, he won't clear waivers, same for Willis, Graham and Winters IMO.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
If this dude was bigger we could just let Deebo walk at the end of his contract. Of course that'd be stupid. Why have one Deebo when you can have two?

Ya if he was justin jefferson elite we could let aiyuk walk too good point
I just can't help to laugh how this organization finds studs in the 5th and beyond yet you're praying they find anything worth a damn 1-4

Aiyuk,....Bosa....et. al.

They gamble. They win from gambling. Gambling results in errors,...but they are winning more than losing given the depth they are attaining at multiple positions.

This is what allows them to make a Trent WIlliams or a CMC trade package to begin with: young "home run hits." Whether those hits were in the 1-7 or as UFAs.

If you are a team where you struggle to bring in legit talent up and down the roster, you're terrified of trading draft picks to begin with. These guys bet on themselves and are aggressive, and our roster has benefitted.

There's nothing mysterious about the outcomes we tend to have, nor their strategy at all if one simply takes a glance at all of their picks since they arrived here.
[ Edited by random49er on Aug 20, 2023 at 8:05 AM ]
I wasn't high on this dude at all but he looks legit. He reminds me of a slower Steve Smith. If Bell had good speed he'd gone a lot higher in the draft and his production numbers in college would have been a lot better.

Wes Welker, Julian Edelman type?
Originally posted by TD49ers:

Gray can't stay healthy for more than a week. When you're young and unproven you have to stay on the field.

They fall in love with guys early and press the issue while later on they take the draft more as it comes.

Or Lynch drafts day 1 and 2 and the guys that do the real homework draft after.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mitpdub:

Or Lynch drafts day 1 and 2 and the guys that do the real homework draft after.

I think the worst draft talent assessor we have is actually KS. He's had a number of whiffs where it was public that it was his pick. Kyle should focus on coaching, where he is world class.

Originally posted by kansasninerfan:

Kinda like Steve Smith as Miked1978 suggested.

I didn't get the game yesterday but from what I am reading and the highlights/box score he showed out again. I actually came here to see if you guys thought he had a chance to be the #4 passing Danny Gray on the depth chart. Sounds like Danny may have been injured? He may be the #4 by default now with Ray Ray and Danny both hurt.

It was a lot of this kind of play with the ball in his hands.

https://youtu.be/HNc017UHydk
Originally posted by Andra:
🎼it's driving me out of my mind, that's why it's hard for me to find. Can't get it out of my head. Miss her, kiss her, love her. Wrong move you're dead That girl is poison!🎼

Been saying.

poison!
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by TD49ers:

Gray can't stay healthy for more than a week. When you're young and unproven you have to stay on the field.

the PROBLEM with KS10's drafting is that he falls in love w/a player and the idea of how he can USE him on CERTAIN plays while continues to IGNORE the player's inability to be good in other aspect of the game...

10 already ahead of Gray (IMO).. look how much KS10 gets him the ball regardless of who the QB is... he just makes the guy shine for justification.
So long Danny Gray.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
So long Danny Gray.

Indeed.
Share 49ersWebzone