There are 260 users in the forums

"Look Ma, no hands" WR Ronnie Bell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by miked1978:
I wasn't high on this dude at all but he looks legit. He reminds me of a slower Steve Smith. If Bell had good speed he'd gone a lot higher in the draft and his production numbers in college would have been a lot better.

He's faster than Jennings. My only worry with him is that he plays with the mentality of a 250lb fullback but he's like 180. He's going to have to be smarter about seeking out contact to keep him off the IR.

Wes Welker, Julian Edelman type?

Gray can't stay healthy for more than a week. When you're young and unproven you have to stay on the field.

the PROBLEM with KS10's drafting is that he falls in love w/a player and the idea of how he can USE him on CERTAIN plays while continues to IGNORE the player's inability to be good in other aspect of the game...

10 already ahead of Gray (IMO).. look how much KS10 gets him the ball regardless of who the QB is... he just makes the guy shine for justification.
Bell gets the ball, because bell gets open
He's faster than Jennings. My only worry with him is that he plays with the mentality of a 250lb fullback but he's like 180. He's going to have to be smarter about seeking out contact to keep him off the IR.

100%. Impressed with him so far but at 180ish got to be smart about it.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I wasn't high on this dude at all but he looks legit. He reminds me of a slower Steve Smith. If Bell had good speed he'd gone a lot higher in the draft and his production numbers in college would have been a lot better.

Gray can't stay healthy for more than a week. When you're young and unproven you have to stay on the field.

the PROBLEM with KS10's drafting is that he falls in love w/a player and the idea of how he can USE him on CERTAIN plays while continues to IGNORE the player's inability to be good in other aspect of the game...

10 already ahead of Gray (IMO).. look how much KS10 gets him the ball regardless of who the QB is... he just makes the guy shine for justification.

AND how is it possible that Gray can not get opened?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

Because Gray never plays 😂
Originally posted by jimrat:

Because Gray never plays 😂

EXACTAMUNDO !!! and that's because KS10 had already fallen OUT of love on Gray.. the same reason why Sermon is with Philly right now.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
So long Danny Gray.

You thinking Ray Ray comes back Danny to the PS?
He's been our best player and has 2 INT's and a fumble. LOL
Originally posted by NCommand:

If he does this in the regular season, he will lose support in this forum quickly.
Originally posted by libertyforever:

If he does this in the regular season, he will lose support in this forum quickly.

Haha. No doubt. He'll get used to the timing with Brock. He's an exciting player for sure. He's like a mini Jennings in that he's hard to bring down.
Last late round receiver that had as impressive of a preseason was Josh Morgan IMO. Keep it up, Bell.

EXACTAMUNDO !!! and that's because KS10 had already fallen OUT of love on Gray.. the same reason why Sermon is with Philly right now.

No, the reason Sermon is in Philly is because he sucked.
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
So long Danny Gray.

You thinking Ray Ray comes back Danny to the PS?

Possibly. Ray Ray is more versatile while Danny feels like Pettis 2.0
Originally posted by libertyforever:

ya that int was bad

but he looks so electric clearly was too good for the 3rd and 4th stringers which is what you want to see.
I think his head is still spinning from the playbook and all the responsibilities. He runs really good routes, knows how to get open, and has dependable hands. I think the issue is focus and understanding exactly what's happening, which is very normal for a young player.

I think he will contribute this year but next year he will be a force. I expect us to lose jennings, so he could be the guy replacing him. Pretty exciting selection.

Papa on KNBR says he's a great route runner and the reason why he's always open.
Share 49ersWebzone