There are 263 users in the forums

"Look Ma, no hands" WR Ronnie Bell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
So long Danny Gray.

Indeed.

Does he have an actual regular season catch yet ?

We hold on to KS and JL picks too long. The only one that got the boot early was the cat lady Pettis, but that's probably because he was weirding out the rest of the team.
Originally posted by mitpdub:

We hold on to KS and JL picks too long. The only one that got the boot early was the cat lady Pettis, but that's probably because he was weirding out the rest of the team.

They moved on from Trey Sermon last year (year 2). They moved on from Joe Williams year 2 etc
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think his head is still spinning from the playbook and all the responsibilities. He runs really good routes, knows how to get open, and has dependable hands. I think the issue is focus and understanding exactly what's happening, which is very normal for a young player.

I think he will contribute this year but next year he will be a force. I expect us to lose jennings, so he could be the guy replacing him. Pretty exciting selection.

No. No he doesn't. At all.

However, if he can get his hands sorted out, he can be very productive on the team. Jamison looks worse (re hands) and so Bell has a good chance to see some action @ WR, and a significant amount of action on special teams. But, again, he better get his hand situation figured out, because it's terrible right now, and no where near the universe of "dependable."
two stud 7th rounders in a row now. the 7th round is the new 5th round.
Originally posted by KiwiM3:
Does he (Danny Gray) have an actual regular season catch yet ?

They moved on from Trey Sermon last year (year 2). They moved on from Joe Williams year 2 etc

True ! Sermon was Yuks bad influence and was off, Williams just didn't want to play in the nfl.
[ Edited by mitpdub on Aug 20, 2023 at 4:29 PM ]
Originally posted by KiwiM3:

Gray might have saved himself if he is heading to IR.
Bell is going to contribute this season.

Excellent pick-up!
Originally posted by Polkadots:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think his head is still spinning from the playbook and all the responsibilities. He runs really good routes, knows how to get open, and has dependable hands. I think the issue is focus and understanding exactly what's happening, which is very normal for a young player.

I think he will contribute this year but next year he will be a force. I expect us to lose jennings, so he could be the guy replacing him. Pretty exciting selection.

No. No he doesn't. At all.

However, if he can get his hands sorted out, he can be very productive on the team. Jamison looks worse (re hands) and so Bell has a good chance to see some action @ WR, and a significant amount of action on special teams. But, again, he better get his hand situation figured out, because it's terrible right now, and no where near the universe of "dependable."

What I'm saying is that I don't think those issues happened cause he struggles catching. He actually has some amazing highlights in college and our camp where he's made awesome one handed catches. I think the issue is that he's thinking too much or not clear enough on what's Happening and it's messing with his focus.

it looks more like a focus issue than an ability issue, to me.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Bell is going to contribute this season.

Excellent pick-up!

I think he will be WR4. Then next season, when jennings leaves, he'll be 3 behind deebo & Aiyuk
Originally posted by boast:
two stud 7th rounders in a row now. the 7th round is the new 5th round.

Nobody will ever top our 7th round pick of Purdy. GOAT 7th rounder let alone last pick in the draft

His build reminds me of Arnaz Battle.
Really liking what I'm seeing from this guy. Just balling no matter the QB.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by 9moon:
EXACTAMUNDO !!! and that's because KS10 had already fallen OUT of love on Gray.. the same reason why Sermon is with Philly right now.

No, the reason Sermon is in Philly is because he sucked.

DID he suck before being drafted in the 3rd round by KYLE, or did he suck because he got in KYLE's dog house and never got his chance after?
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Really liking what I'm seeing from this guy. Just balling no matter the QB.

lol....next week should be insane....

we got QBs locked in a battle and someone is going to get stuck with the c team talent..... if Bell is out there...dude is going to get treated like Jerry Rice with the football.

I have no chance of remembering what the raiders QBs names were in the 90s....but I guess it was Rich Gannon's back up...or his back ups back up.... anyway...dude some how ended up in a game with Jerry Rice...dude fed Jerry like 6 consecutive throws...each a worse throw and the throw before it. Jerry was in no way shape or form open for most of them...but he kept coming down with the ball.

Whoever the dude was, he likely knew he had no business being in the NFL, but he knew Jerry Rice was Jerry Rice.... The QB didn't need to understand defenses or what the playbook was....Jerry was his best chance to move the offense.

Not for the same reasons, but I expect if Bell plays next week...that dude is going to get targeted early and often by whatever QB is stuck out there with the 3rd and 4th string.

If Bell has a bad series....we should pay attention, it might not be his fault, nor-exactly what the play called for....dude might be getting balls heading his way outside of what the coverage would dictate because of the desperation of the QBs.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
EXACTAMUNDO !!! and that's because KS10 had already fallen OUT of love on Gray.. the same reason why Sermon is with Philly right now.

No, the reason Sermon is in Philly is because he sucked.

DID he suck before being drafted in the 3rd round by KYLE, or did he suck because he got in KYLE's dog house and never got his chance after?

He's looked okay for Philly this preseason so far. He had a couple good games for us too. I think Kyle just realized he didn't fit the offense.

He still would have been brought back to the PS if he cleared waivers.
Share 49ersWebzone