There are 267 users in the forums

"Look Ma, no hands" WR Ronnie Bell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dshearn:
lol....next week should be insane....

we got QBs locked in a battle and someone is going to get stuck with the c team talent..... if Bell is out there...dude is going to get treated like Jerry Rice with the football.

I have no chance of remembering what the raiders QBs names were in the 90s....but I guess it was Rich Gannon's back up...or his back ups back up.... anyway...dude some how ended up in a game with Jerry Rice...dude fed Jerry like 6 consecutive throws...each a worse throw and the throw before it. Jerry was in no way shape or form open for most of them...but he kept coming down with the ball.

Whoever the dude was, he likely knew he had no business being in the NFL, but he knew Jerry Rice was Jerry Rice.... The QB didn't need to understand defenses or what the playbook was....Jerry was his best chance to move the offense.

Not for the same reasons, but I expect if Bell plays next week...that dude is going to get targeted early and often by whatever QB is stuck out there with the 3rd and 4th string.

If Bell has a bad series....we should pay attention, it might not be his fault, nor-exactly what the play called for....dude might be getting balls heading his way outside of what the coverage would dictate because of the desperation of the QBs.

He runs really good routes, I think he should be able to get open relatively easy against 3rd stringers - so I agree, going to cram the ball to him. Hahah

im pretty sure Lance will play after the starters and then darnold will play in the second half. I think bell will play with both a lot, once the starters are out. I expect a big game from him again.

i just hope he doesn't have a third bonehead drop that results in a turnover. Lol honestly, terrible luck on his part. It's one thing to drop a pass but both be intercepted? Terrible luck. Hahah
Sex machine
He's what Dainty Pettis was supposed to be.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
He's a dog when Dante Pettis was a cat.

[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Aug 21, 2023 at 7:07 AM ]

Exactly what I was thinking when I went to this thread. He works hard and looks for contact. Pettis didn't seem to work hard and was in the doghouse.
Bell is really showing out so far. If he keeps this up he'll make, what is almost certain to be, Jennings' loss next year easier to take. I think this will be the key thing for the 49ers to keep their playoff hopes alive every year. Pay your stars but keep finding these late round gems that they can turn into important role players for four-year blocks of time. Some of those guys might then turn into starters who can replace their aging counterparts. Seems like a pretty good formula.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Exactly what I was thinking when I went to this thread. He works hard and looks for contact. Pettis didn't seem to work hard and was in the doghouse.

I expect him to have flashes like Jennings had his second 2nd season with the team, who knows maybe he adds more every time he gets his shot on the field.
We got Brock Purdy in the 7th round last year as that guy. Ronnie Bell might be the guy this year in the 7th. He might not be elite, but he just plays quicker and fast at a different energy level than the other guys on the field. Would like to see more in the next 2 games.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 21, 2023 at 8:46 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Bell is definitely on the 53, I'm also pulling for Conley. IMO I think he's had a good offseason too.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Bell is definitely on the 53, I'm also pulling for Conley. IMO I think he's had a good offseason too.

I feel like both will make it.
aiyuk
deebo
jennings
Bell
Gray (but played on IR) and then we sign Conley
[ Edited by tankle104 on Aug 21, 2023 at 9:39 AM ]

Originally posted by tankle104:

I feel like both will make it.
aiyuk
deebo
jennings
Bell
Gray (but played on IR) and then we sign Conley

I think Gray saved himself for getting injured.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
He's a dog when Dante Pettis was a cat.

kid can play but needs to clean up on not getting the balls tipped or INT from the bounce off

agreed on both.
The steal of the draft. Ronnie Bell can ball.
Share 49ersWebzone