There are 257 users in the forums

"Look Ma, no hands" WR Ronnie Bell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Bell is definitely on the 53, I'm also pulling for Conley. IMO I think he's had a good offseason too.

agreed on both.

Ditto
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Bell is definitely on the 53, I'm also pulling for Conley. IMO I think he's had a good offseason too.

agreed on both.

Ditto

What's strange is that Bell was supposed to have the best hands on the team, but he's cause two interceptions after the ball popped off his hands.

Yet he's been amazing after the catch. Not sure I expected that but he's 100% deserving of a roster spot.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

agreed on both.

Ditto

What's strange is that Bell was supposed to have the best hands on the team, but he's cause two interceptions after the ball popped off his hands.

Yet he's been amazing after the catch. Not sure I expected that but he's 100% deserving of a roster spot.

Can't wait to see him field a punt in the rain vs the Giants.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Aug 21, 2023 at 12:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Can't wait to see him field a punt in the rain vs the Giants.

He will break the curse.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

agreed on both.

Ditto

I think he has great hands (he's had some amazing catches in practice), I think it's just a focus thing, takes his eye off the ball before he catches it as he's trying to get YAC. I'm not too concerned - I'm glad he's learning this the hard way during pre season and hopefully fixes it for the regular season.
Originally posted by cortana49:

Funny though.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I just can't help to laugh how this organization finds studs in the 5th and beyond yet you're praying they find anything worth a damn 1-4

My theory is ShannyLynch select the early round guys and rely on the scouts on the later round picks. If so, they should digress all the picks to the scouts, who are doing phenomenal in the later rounds.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I just can't help to laugh how this organization finds studs in the 5th and beyond yet you're praying they find anything worth a damn 1-4

My theory is ShannyLynch select the early round guys and rely on the scouts on the later round picks. If so, they should digress all the picks to the scouts, who are doing phenomenal in the later rounds.

Yeah and on O replace ShannyLynch, with Shanny

This. They probably only know the first hundred or so players which they seem to rank poorly.

Let the scouts do it all imo.

Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
He's what Dainty Pettis was supposed to be.
He's a dog when Dante Pettis was a cat.

I am not sure If I am more disturbed that this exists...or that you had it on standby waiting to post it......
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

This. They probably only know the first hundred or so players which they seem to rank poorly.

Let the scouts do it all imo.

I forget the actual numbers, but there is a cutoff point in the first round that a player becomes more likely to fail in the NFL then have multiple contract success over a course of seasons. Basically some one you can pencil in to a position and forget about him for more then a season or two.

I forget exactly how that factoid was worded, but it made sense....the odds of say a random LB coming into the league and staying a starter for more then one NFL contract is less then a coin flip outside of the early to mid part of the first round.

Even the best and brightest minds fail at the NFL Draft with alarming regularity. So whoever we have that keeps finding these impact players on day two...needs to get paid and promoted.

agreed on both.

Ditto

Don't be fooled by Conley. Feels like a Sherfield in the making. Bell is good tho
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for NinerTy.
WOW. What would it look like if Purdy Boy Brock and RonB developed a chemistry where they were unstoppable
Originally posted by NinerTy:
WOW. What would it look like if Purdy Boy Brock and RonB developed a chemistry where they were unstoppable

need someone other than 9moon to nickname that 7th round duo
Share 49ersWebzone