"Look Ma, no hands" WR Ronnie Bell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yea can't keep everybody. Yall might wanna get ready for BA to be elsewhere
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by Zachary:
He reminds me of Victor Cruz

Yeah I heard someone mention that on a pod the other day and it stuck with me.
I see more Doug Baldwin

I like that one.

Bell is the answer to the Gray mistake..
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Stanley:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
This. Aiyuk isn't going anywhere

Assuming Bosa signs, who's money is Aiyuk getting? Trent's? Kittles? Deebo's?

Things often work out. No one wants Trent to retire as long as he is playing well. However, he did consider it after 2022. If we win the Super Bowl, I wouldn't be surprised to see him hang it up. If that is the case, there will be plenty of money for BA.

Also Arik Armsteads contract is done after 2024. That's a guy I think most are comfortable with letting walk. Not a receiver who's just coming into his prime.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Things often work out. No one wants Trent to retire as long as he is playing well. However, he did consider it after 2022. If we win the Super Bowl, I wouldn't be surprised to see him hang it up. If that is the case, there will be plenty of money for BA.

That's a very possible scenario and would clear up some cap space for sure. Trent's cap hit in 2024 is projected at almost 30 million. Wow!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Also Arik Armsteads contract is done after 2024. That's a guy I think most are comfortable with letting walk. Not a receiver who's just coming into his prime.

Arik's '24 cap hit is 24+ million. But knowing ShanaLynch and their love of DLinemen - he'll be restructured and most likely back loaded. At least I hope so. I'd like Arik to retire as a 49er. I think he's going to be good for a long time. He's a great example for the younger players on the team in terms of loyalty, work ethic, and character.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
When Aiyuk goes FA, I can think of at least 6 teams that goes after him hard. Bears, Green Bay, Miami, Seattle, Rams, Cards, Texans, and maybe Titans with Ran Carthon.

:/

Bell likely replaces Deebo after his current deal is done

I think Bell replaces Jennings.

That will come first yes.

Instead of a contract Jennings goes on and a rookie contract gets the job...like all our WR3 before him

But if Bell performs i think he gets a contract with us and it is basically the Deebo money after the contract expires in 2025

I think Deebos a 49er for a 2nd contract health permitting

Id rather have 👁 UK than Divabo
I thought he was the only pick we'd have that wouldn't make the final roster but as soon as I saw him play, I realized I was immediately wrong. Lol

this guy has a super bright future here. He will be WR3 next year when we lose jenning cause some team pays him more than we can.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Arik's '24 cap hit is 24+ million. But knowing ShanaLynch and their love of DLinemen - he'll be restructured and most likely back loaded. At least I hope so. I'd like Arik to retire as a 49er. I think he's going to be good for a long time. He's a great example for the younger players on the team in terms of loyalty, work ethic, and character.

I agree, I think the way we help our cap situation next year is to extend armstead and pay him a signing bonus, then move his cap hits back a handful of years. He still has at least 3-4 more good years in him.
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
When Aiyuk goes FA, I can think of at least 6 teams that goes after him hard. Bears, Green Bay, Miami, Seattle, Rams, Cards, Texans, and maybe Titans with Ran Carthon.

Instead of a contract Jennings goes on and a rookie contract gets the job...like all our WR3 before him

But if Bell performs i think he gets a contract with us and it is basically the Deebo money after the contract expires in 2025

and I can only deal with 1 9moon
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

I agree, I think the way we help our cap situation next year is to extend armstead and pay him a signing bonus, then move his cap hits back a handful of years. He still has at least 3-4 more good years in him.

Agree, and I'll just add that the way Paraag structures the core player contracts, there's a lot of flexibility in it, and very little dead money. If you look at Trent's contract, the frontloading starts pretty much year 1 of the contract, and then is offset by the cap savings as the prorated frontloading bonus is used up, such that by mid contract, the flexibility becomes significant -- and as the contract ages, the dead money disappears. Sheer genius, in my opinion. You have to have ownership and a coaching staff willing to do that of course. Credit to ownership and front office for having that kind of balls for these kinds of contracts. It does severely limit a front office's ability to go after free agents, but that's not ShanaLynch's strategy anyway - they build the team through the draft.
[ Edited by Giedi on Aug 30, 2023 at 12:27 PM ]

Originally posted by tankle104:

Agree, and I'll just add that the way Paraag structures the core player contracts, there's a lot of flexibility in it, and very little dead money. If you look at Trent's contract, the frontloading starts pretty much year 1 of the contract, and then is offset by the cap savings as the prorated frontloading bonus is used up, such that by mid contract, the flexibility becomes significant -- and as the contract ages, the dead money disappears. Sheer genius, in my opinion. You have to have ownership and a coaching staff willing to do that of course. Credit to ownership and front office for having that kind of balls for these kinds of contracts. It does severely limit a front office's ability to go after free agents, but that's not ShanaLynch's strategy anyway - they build the team through the draft.

Jed doesn't get enough credit for how much money he spends that he doesn't have to. He doles out a ton of cash on these contracts when he could say no, to help the team have a better cap situation.

he also knows that Cali hella expensive, so the team pays for a lot of things for the players AND their families. I was watching a podcast with nick Bosa's mom and CMC's mom - they both talked about how the niners take care of their players and their families way better than most franchises (nicks mom called out the chargers cause they suck with that stuff, cheap ownership). Even the tickets we give to family members and where we let them go before the games is better than most teams.

im proud of that. I think it's really cool that Jed goes out of his way to do that. Even things like parties for the families of the players, pays extra stuff etc. all that

1 is already too much
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

1 is already too much

No way, deebo is a unicorn

This more likely. Hopefully, Winstead project works out he'll be Jenning's replacement. Bell probably takes Gray's spot and we'll keep Aiyuk. I read from somewhere Bell can be another Cooper Kupp in the making and I'll take a 50 percent Cooper Kupp anytime as WR3 or WR4.
Share 49ersWebzone