There are 297 users in the forums

"Look Ma, no hands" WR Ronnie Bell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The question with him will always be how good he can get his separation. His hands are average at best as we've seen in the preseason and he's had dropsie issues at Michigan. But biggest question for me is the separation.

His route running is crisp and he's experienced, he is a DOG after the catch and a fiery competitor. He will never be on Aiyuks level but a slot guy who can occasionally play outside, he can become a good #3/#4 guy
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Great depth

That's what I thought of Dre Greenlawn
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Dude just looks like a natural out there, like he belongs. You can tell he's a coaches son. Lol very happy for him and excited for his future.

we will lose jennings next year, because someone will pay him more than we will want to, and bell is a great replacement. Dude was super clutch on two key plays.

Only if a team is willing to give a 2 for him.

For jennings? What makes you say that? He isn't an RFA is he? I thought he signed his tender this year and he will be a free agent at the end of the year

RFA in 2024, UFA in 2025, he was a ERFA this year, he spent the 2020 season on the PS, you don't get an accrued year on the PS, you need 6 games on an active roster to get an accrued season.
Another 7th round steal. This team is better at day 3 drafting than day 1 and 2 lol
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Wheelz29:
I always try to forget who wore that number before but cant . Kyle Williams all i remember is that NFC Championship where he muffed like 3 punts against the Giants

I liked Bruce Ellington though.

btthepunk be like

This gif is so great. She was thirrrrrrsty.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Sep 22, 2023 at 12:28 PM ]
For jennings? What makes you say that? He isn't an RFA is he? I thought he signed his tender this year and he will be a free agent at the end of the year

Nope RFA. Didn't play enough in 2020 to get an accredited season.

He signed an ERFA tender.

Oh.. well that is news to me. Very interesting. I didn't realize that.

i still think someone will offer at least a 2-3 rounder for him. He's so reliable on third down
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Dude just looks like a natural out there, like he belongs. You can tell he's a coaches son. Lol very happy for him and excited for his future.

we will lose jennings next year, because someone will pay him more than we will want to, and bell is a great replacement. Dude was super clutch on two key plays.

RFA in 2024, UFA in 2025, he was a ERFA this year, he spent the 2020 season on the PS, you don't get an accrued year on the PS, you need 6 games on an active roster to get an accrued season.

I wasn't aware of that, another poster corrected me that I just responded to. Dang that's exciting - what round do you think they'll tender him? I could see them doing a 2-3rd rounder. I feel like they'll want to keep him because he's so awesome for us but I can see a team snaggin him up. Such a clutch and reliable player.

another stud seventh rounder by this org. Incredible. He was developed here too. Took a little but he made it happn captn

• Giedi
  • Veteran

I wasn't aware of that, another poster corrected me that I just responded to. Dang that's exciting - what round do you think they'll tender him? I could see them doing a 2-3rd rounder. I feel like they'll want to keep him because he's so awesome for us but I can see a team snaggin him up. Such a clutch and reliable player.

another stud seventh rounder by this org. Incredible. He was developed here too. Took a little but he made it happn captn

I"d hate to lose him to a bottom feeder, but between him and Aiyuk, boy - tough choice, but I'd have to pay Aiyuk and lose Jauan. Damn, I hate the Cap.

Having said that, Ronnie Bell looks good! I have a good feeling about Kyle being a WR whisperer and using that skill to generate some draft capital by trading (maybe) Jauan to either Demeco, McDaniel, Saleh, Lafleur, or Carthon for some draft picks. I don't want to see him with the Rams and McVay. He'll kill us with Jauan for sure.

2nd round tender is what I see them doing.

• thl408
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Originally posted by thl408:

Equivalent to a first at bat homerun?

Pretty sure that was a heads up move by Kittle
has any other rookie played at all this season apart from bell and moody?
Originally posted by alwayssecond:
has any other rookie played at all this season apart from bell and moody?
Yes, on special teams

If we're not counting ST snaps, Brayden Willis did get some snaps this tnf game in garbage time

Otherwise, no. Latu is on season-ending ir. Graham has been inactive all three games. Winters been active these past two games but hasn't seen a snap. Luter is on PUP. Beal is on IR. Brown is Gipsons backup.
[ Edited by the_dynasty on Sep 22, 2023 at 6:03 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone