There are 304 users in the forums

"Look Ma, no hands" WR Ronnie Bell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
DAMNNN !!! he almost got me the 2 TDs I preticted for him to have his last tame... against the CARDS, he get it!! he go get it !!

FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS !!!
Coming along very nicely.
I could've sworn we would see more Ronnie Bell with CMC & Deebo going down. I wonder if there was some regression in practice (ie. fumble/fumbles) or if they just think Ray Ray is the better option at this point. It seemed to me that Bell was taking advantage of his opportunities so why not reward the kid when a spot opened up?
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
I could've sworn we would see more Ronnie Bell with CMC & Deebo going down. I wonder if there was some regression in practice (ie. fumble/fumbles) or if they just think Ray Ray is the better option at this point. It seemed to me that Bell was taking advantage of his opportunities so why not reward the kid when a spot opened up?

Why a choice? Both can play.

Ray Ray has better speed, but yeah I was hoping to see more Bell too. If Deebo is out for any amount of time, hopefully Bell will get a chance.

I think Bell is Aiyuk's backup, and Ray Ray is Deebo's backup. When Deebo is out of the game, they naturally would go to Ray Ray.
I member.
  • titan
  • Veteran
What a stand up dude to speak up about his team mate and friend. Moody is a lucky dude to have good people like Bell have his back.
With Deebo out, thought Bell would be more involved. Maybe next Sunday vs. the Bengals. I guess there's only so much to go around w/ Jennings and Ray-Ray ahead of him. He's a rookie, and I wonder if he's not showing enough of what Shanahan wants to see in practices.

Speaking of different guys involved in the passing game, was stunned to see Dwelley catch that TE screen. Was hoping he'd score!
Played a big time blitz team and regularly a zero blitz team and selling out to stop the run yet it didn't look like we had any quick hitters ready except for the McCaffery screen. There should have been one on one openings for Ayuik against anyone they put on him. Thought both sides of the ball were out coached badly
[ Edited by leakyfausett on Oct 24, 2023 at 6:21 PM ]

Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
With Deebo out, thought Bell would be more involved. Maybe next Sunday vs. the Bengals. I guess there's only so much to go around w/ Jennings and Ray-Ray ahead of him. He's a rookie, and I wonder if he's not showing enough of what Shanahan wants to see in practices.

Speaking of different guys involved in the passing game, was stunned to see Dwelley catch that TE screen. Was hoping he'd score!

Bell is Aiyuk's backup, Ray-Ray is Deebo's backup.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Bell is Aiyuk's backup, Ray-Ray is Deebo's backup.

I'm talking about playing time in the offense and passes coming his way with Deebo out. Last night just saw mainly Jennings and some Ray-Ray targets outside of Aiyuk for the WRs.
I would play him instead of Ray Ray. I don't care who is who's backup. Ray Ray is a smallish return man. This guy is a WR. It's not rocket science.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I would play him instead of Ray Ray. I don't care who is who's backup. Ray Ray is a smallish return man. This guy is a WR. It's not rocket science.

I agree, I'd have Bell in on more snaps on offense than Ray Ray and I love me some Ray Ray.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Kind of a bummer. He gets some run, looks good, gains confidence and then Kyle sits his ass. Not the best for development momentum.
Share 49ersWebzone