There are 424 users in the forums

"Look Ma, no hands" WR Ronnie Bell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KiwiM3:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
if we could find someone else to return punts I would be ok with it.

I just want him to hold onto the ball. Zero return yards is ok.

Agreed. Bell did well on PR vs Seahawks. Keep it up.

Just catch the ball and let our offense work. He seems a little shaky on ball security on returns. So I don't want him to try to do anything fancy. We can move the ball. I don't care where we get it on the return. So he should be thinking about catching it, securing it, not dropping it and not fumbling. That is all.
Just catch the ball and let our offense work. He seems a little shaky on ball security on returns. So I don't want him to try to do anything fancy. We can move the ball. I don't care where we get it on the return. So he should be thinking about catching it, securing it, not dropping it and not fumbling. That is all.

Yeah, I was hoping for more from Bell as a return man.

Why can't these guys just do what Deebo does and just put their heads down and RUN down field without hesitation and stop & go BS??

Ray Ray was reliable, it feels like a fumble is about to happen every time we have to field a punt now.
Originally posted by Patton:

Why can't these guys just do what Deebo does and just put their heads down and RUN down field without hesitation and stop & go BS??

Ray Ray was reliable, it feels like a fumble is about to happen every time we have to field a punt now.

I'm very worried about him in big games and the playoffs. I don't want another Kyle Williams situation. Return man is a skill. The most important skill is ball security and maintaining possession. All the other stuff is just extra on top. Otherwise you get a 50 yard gain for the other team on a punt. Where you held them to 4th down. It's a disaster.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Y'all don't worry. KS has a surprise for our opponents!!! CMC will return kicks when the time comes.
Originally posted by titan:
Y'all don't worry. KS has a surprise for our opponents!!! CMC will return kicks when the time comes.

That is ridiculous! My understanding is that Trent Williams will be returning kicks.
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:

That is ridiculous! My understanding is that Trent Williams will be returning kicks.

purdy is no slouch running with the ball in his hands
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:

Wishnowsky
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:
Let's give Bell a few of Deebo type screens to bell. I think he runs pretty angry when he has the football in his hands.

Since early on it's felt weird that Bell is Aiyuk's backup and Ray Ray is Deebo's. Seems like it should be the opposite.

Right and Mason should be the #2 RB behind CMC. I am done with the E. Mitchell experiment.

Personally I think it makes sense. Mitchell is as shifty as CMC, and Mason is more of a power runner. Ray Ray is a great running back with the ball in his hands, but I don't want him going off tackle. Same with deebo, but Deebo has the size to withstand going in between the tackles on a run play. I think Bell has some of Aiyuk's route running and hands. All in all, you can't go wrong one way or the other - the depth players we have are outstanding in themselves too. On other teams, they probably are starting.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

I'm very worried about him in big games and the playoffs. I don't want another Kyle Williams situation. Return man is a skill. The most important skill is ball security and maintaining possession. All the other stuff is just extra on top. Otherwise you get a 50 yard gain for the other team on a punt. Where you held them to 4th down. It's a disaster.

I would like to see more downing it in the endzone. Tired of the 19 and 21 yard starts.
Originally posted by 49Fever:
This guy reminds me of Kyle Williams.
Makes me very nervous

Exactly it. I dont want do again be like Kyle Williams that happened last time. We have learn lesson next time and make sure. We must not get for errors cost and stupid mistakes it! I watched Ronnie Bell is playing well at return punts. He is not good at. I hope RayRay will be back when he is healthy!

Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Bell was almost fumble at punt return. I may not trust him cuz he is not experience for fumble at punt return! Um. I dont know who is plays talent at Punt return? I am thinking about put who is Tyrion David-Prince? I know he didnt playing over 3 years?! He should trying to plays if he is suck then he will be cut next season. Anyway. I hope Ray-Ray Mccloud will be back when he will stay healthy..

He didn't almost fumble. He did actually fumbled.

I know he did fumbled but it was ball out of bound. My heart be like beating up. And whew. Lol. Keep me remains about Kyle Williams that happened last time. He is not good plays well at return punt against at Seahawks game yesterday.
Originally posted by Crown:

I would like to see more downing it in the endzone. Tired of the 19 and 21 yard starts.

25 yard line and no fumble or turnover is very underrated.
We drafted a really good football player.

The more he plays the better he gets.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:

On both sides. Our entire special teams scares the crap out of me every kick, other than Wish punts. Not kicking it deep into the end zone on kickoffs is so baffling to me. We have one of the worst ST coverage units this year and for whatever reason we get multiple kicks returned per game. Just give/take the 25 yard line every time.
Originally posted by Disp:
On both sides. Our entire special teams scares the crap out of me every kick, other than Wish punts. Not kicking it deep into the end zone on kickoffs is so baffling to me. We have one of the worst ST coverage units this year and for whatever reason we get multiple kicks returned per game. Just give/take the 25 yard line every time.
I completely agree, it doesn't make any sense especially with the new rule that allows returners to signal for the fair catch. There's no reason to risk a big return - which has happened multiple times this year - all to gain maybe 5 yards maximum.
Share 49ersWebzone