There are 297 users in the forums

"Look Ma, no hands" WR Ronnie Bell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
I don't like that I clench my buttcheeks with Bell returning punts. Wishing RayRay a faster recovery.

My thought exactly!!

• Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
I don't like that I clench my buttcheeks with Bell returning punts. Wishing RayRay a faster recovery.

Even fair catching is scary. Until Ray Ray gets back we should just fair catch every punt if Bell is still back there. The risk/reward is way out of wack.
I'd feel a lot better if he wasn't taking punt returns.
My PTSD wants him to be cut already.
I was nervous about Moody but now it's more Bell lol
I knew that I wrote for here in comment early. I was right. I dont trust to bell at Punt Return. He was fumble the ball but it was ground with his elbow on it! It is safe! Whew..I hope RayRay need come back for plays at Punt return and Kick Return! I am thinking about if Chris Conley can playing at Punt Return. Let's test to see he can plays talent or not.. why not?
I think they should just have him fair catch every punt until Ray Ray is back and healthy. I don't want any yards of advancement. Zero is fine. I barely trust him for that. But he has a chance at that.

I will say he gets a little too much hate. He's a pretty good backup and depth WR. He's a good young WR. Just not at all a natural return man. You can tell he us uncomfortable and lacks experience at returning. He's just in there for injury. So eventually Ray Ray comes back and we don't have to worry about it anymore. But it's a problem right now.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I totally agree with you.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I totally agree with you.

Agree 💯% with both, special teams won it for the Ravens vs Rams in overtime. Special Teams won it for them in the HarBowl.
Worst punt catcher since Kyle Williams. Yet another fumble out of bounds that he couldn't catch. He will tank us in the playoffs. When is Ray Ray back and healthy? He's an ok backup WR. But a horrible punt returner. Who's idea is it to put him back there to return punts?

I triple down what i said a month ago : this guy is kyle williams #2
Dont activate this guy on gameday at any cost
Originally posted by 49Fever:
I triple down what i said a month ago : this guy is kyle williams #2
Dont activate this guy on gameday at any cost

He's a pretty decent backup WR. But an absolutely awful punt returner. He has no business back there. We need Ray Ray back ASAP. Especially for the playoffs. He just has to play even if his ribs are sore.
I think we all get KW vibes when we see this guy.

After that safety all he had to do was let the ball go out of bounds and we have it at the 40. Instead he muffs it out of bounds.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I think we all get KW vibes when we see this guy.

After that safety all he had to do was let the ball go out of bounds and we have it at the 40. Instead he muffs it out of bounds.

So do I, especially since he wears #10. Seriously, just make this f**ker inactive on game days, I want to see what Chris Conley has, well once Ray Ray is back healthy.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Worst punt catcher since Kyle Williams. Yet another fumble out of bounds that he couldn't catch. He will tank us in the playoffs. When is Ray Ray back and healthy? He's an ok backup WR. But a horrible punt returner. Who's idea is it to put him back there to return punts?

Kyle Williams wasn't even that bad as a punt returner. He's just had an awful day in a huge game in bad weather conditions.

Ronnie Bell has fumbled or came close to fumbling punts in nearly every game I've seen him try to return punts including preseason. I don't get why he's still getting chances.
Share 49ersWebzone