There are 403 users in the forums

"Look Ma, no hands" WR Ronnie Bell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Worst punt catcher since Kyle Williams. Yet another fumble out of bounds that he couldn't catch. He will tank us in the playoffs. When is Ray Ray back and healthy? He's an ok backup WR. But a horrible punt returner. Who's idea is it to put him back there to return punts?

Kyle Williams wasn't even that bad as a punt returner. He's just had an awful day in a huge game in bad weather conditions.

Ronnie Bell has fumbled or came close to fumbling punts in nearly every game I've seen him try to return punts including preseason. I don't get why he's still getting chances.

Kyle can be really really stubborn sometimes. Either that or he's so hands-off with the Special Teams that he's unaware of the issue. I bet he doesn't even watch special teams on film.
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Worst punt catcher since Kyle Williams. Yet another fumble out of bounds that he couldn't catch. He will tank us in the playoffs. When is Ray Ray back and healthy? He's an ok backup WR. But a horrible punt returner. Who's idea is it to put him back there to return punts?

Kyle Williams wasn't even that bad as a punt returner. He's just had an awful day in a huge game in bad weather conditions.

Ronnie Bell has fumbled or came close to fumbling punts in nearly every game I've seen him try to return punts including preseason. I don't get why he's still getting chances.

Kyle can be really really stubborn sometimes. Either that or he's so hands-off with the Special Teams that he's unaware of the issue. I bet he doesn't even watch special teams on film.

Yeah they need to get him out of punt return duty. To not be too harsh on the guy he's actually a pretty decent backup WR. He just has no business doing returns. Some people just aren't a return guy. That and injuries are the problem.
lol my god just had Williams flashbacks
He has a little too much Kyle Williams in his game. I don't want him anywhere near punt returns in the playoffs. Ray Ray needs to play even if his ribs are sore. Put a flack jacket on. I can take a fair catch on every play. Just secure the ball. He's a decent backup WR for a young guy. But a horrific punt returner. Even that number he wears.

End of season cut, tired of keeping guys that should be gone
Ronnie has been a consistent disappointment. Don't trust him at all as far as a return man and he's less than mediocre as a WR.

Let him sit and give his reps to someone else.
When is RayRay returningturning?
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:

I think next week he's eligible to return
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Save him for the playoffs. We need him as healthy as possible.

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Save him for the playoffs. We need him as healthy as possible.

nah he is one player that will need some live action snaps before playoffs
CAN'T we just put Ronnie " Can you Ring My " Bell to the PRACTICE SQUAD before he does a KYLE WILLIAMS on us in the playoffs ??
Originally posted by jreff22:

He's a rookie. He'll just go to the doghouse.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Honestly I think he's an OK backup WR for a very young guy who is still learning. He has a little dog in him that way.

He's just an awful, awful punt returner. Who is in only because injuries force that issue.

But people should not confuse the 2. Because they are acting like he's an all time terrible player at every position. I don't think that's the case. Punt returner is just not his thing and hopefully we get Ray Ray back soon for the playoff run.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Honestly I think he's an OK backup WR for a very young guy who is still learning. He has a little dog in him that way.

He's just an awful, awful punt returner. Who is in only because injuries force that issue.

But people should not confuse the 2. Because they are acting like he's an all time terrible player at every position. I don't think that's the case. Punt returner is just not his thing and hopefully we get Ray Ray back soon for the playoff run.

Didn't you call for him to be cut during the game today?
Share 49ersWebzone