There are 300 users in the forums

"Look Ma, no hands" WR Ronnie Bell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I think he will bounce back and be WR6. Aiyuk, Deebo, Jennings, Pearsall, Conley, and Bell. Looks good short and long term once Aiyuk is extended.

I think there's 4 locks, Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel, Jauan Jennings, & Ricky Pearsall, then I'd put Chris Conley as the likely 5th WR, but he might be the teams' 4th WR, but I'd expect them to rotate them to keep everyone fresh.

As for Ronnie Bell, I'd have him over Danny Gray, but I think Jacob Cowing might overtake his spot, he's led the NCAA, I'm thinking FBS, in receiving yards since 2021 with 3263 yards, he also had 7 receiving TDs in 2021 & 2022, and 11 in 2023, so I'm leaning towards Cowing being the 6th WR.

I can't seem to embed the tweet, every time I paste it in it pasted as a link, can't past as just text.

Last WR spot might be more determined by special teams ability than anything else
Aren't spending a 4th on Cowing without the expectation he makes the roster. Chris Conley gunner play is not irreplaceable.
How much SUCK do you need to see before this guy gets cut? He blows. Please cut this guy already.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Aug 18, 2024 at 6:40 PM ]
in a few weeks this guy will be using the orange ladder at home depot to get me s**t
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
in a few weeks this guy will be using the orange ladder at home depot to get me s**t

Bro watch your head when that happens, he will drop it on ya !
He had a stretch of play last year where i thought he would be a Deebo lite replacement

I just think he gets cut and disappears from the NFL now
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
He had a stretch of play last year where i thought he would be a Deebo lite replacement

no offense man but you cant scout for s**t
He and Danny Gray have to be gone. They are not doing well at all
Sucked so bad that I feel for the guy, dang.
For Whom the BELL Tolls done.. he done... well, he can be that 5th WR..

Bell vs Tay vs Owens vs Taylor = Tay Martin

• 91til
  • Veteran
i was rooting for ronnie bell but you definitely can't say he's done enough to force us to keep him lol
seems like the game plan was to feature Bell, he got a good chunk of targets and the dude just did not rise to the occasion. Bell and Grey seem to just be taking up space at this point.....lord knows after the 49ers spent draft capital on new WRs these dudes really needed to bring their A game...
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

no offense man but you cant scout for s**t

Go read how excited people are about Cowing right now

Then travel back to last year and remember Bell did the following while running over and trucking backups similar to him

Preseason game 2 v DEN
7 catches for 114 yards
1 KR for 25 yards

Preseason game 3 v OAK
3 catches for 58 yards
1 rush for 15 yards

His preseason performance generated hype them he fell off a cliff

But after that 2 week performance he was a hot future prospect

Even Deebo was complimentary in the press and saw himself in how Bell played

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/49ers-bell-taking-cues-from-yac-bros-deebo-samuel-brandon-aiyuk/1649801/
Bell at least has on his resume a handful of catches and TDs in regular season games. It may not help him stay on the 2024 roster, but it's more than Gray has done in twice the time in SF.
Originally posted by captveg:
Bell at least has on his resume a handful of catches and TDs in regular season games. It may not help him stay on the 2024 roster, but it's more than Gray has done in twice the time in SF.

I think Bell is gonna have a weird "injury" that lands him on IR
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Aug 19, 2024 at 11:47 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone